How I Got My Books Into the Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade_TX

Reaction score
As the quantity and weight of reference books kept adding up in the weeks leading to the exam, I started to get a little worried about how I would get all of it into the exam with me.  I also didn't want to waste any time during the test stacking and unstacking books.  My solution was to build a book carrier between study breaks.  Building it was actually a good stress relief.  The picture below is what the rough draft looks like. During the exam, I  laid it down on the ground next to me and had easy access to my books.  I didn't have to work to keep them organized or fight to get them out (something to do with gravity and friction).  I also turned all the books so that the spine was on the inside and I wrote the title on the outer pages(fore edge).  If they are all facing the right direction, your tabs at the top of the page will fit nicely as well.  I didn't take a picture of the end result, but I added a 2x2 across the top, and screwed a 2x4x6" to a 2x6x8" to use as a wedge between the 2x2 and the books.  The 2x4 dimensions allow you use the block for 6 different lengths and keep your books standing. I ordered the following cart from Amazon. A similar version can be found at home depot. I strapped it all up to the cart, and I was good to go. In Austin, most people had to carry their material down a set of stairs.  It was like carrying a baby elephant, but I was glad that mine was all compact and only one piece.  

https://www.amazon.com/ZENY-Aluminium-Collapsible-Shopping-Supermarket/dp/B00Q4MGHHI/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1517431683&sr=8-2-fkmr2&keywords=170+lb+trolly

Book Holder.JPG

Block.jpg

Back