**** united airlines at it again!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/01/30/woman-denied-emotional-support-peacock-on-united-flight.html

Long Story Short, UA said no you cant bring your peacock on the plane. LOLS!

1517321467076.jpg

and if this is a gripe about United thread, I just took their new "basic economy" from DEN to LAX.  No carry on?  WTF?  No advance check in unless you buy a checked bag? 

We have the United Explorer Credit Card but only the card holder (my wife) gets any benefits? 

Where's the scissors?

The wife and boys are taking United to Ireland this Spring. Will they have normal "international" amenities or will it be a basic 8 hour flight of misery?

I would say probably misery if flying economy, but unless it's basic economy you should get your standard meals and bevvies. 

I just booked economy tickets to europe for this fall and paid an extra 150 to choose my seats ahead of time :eek: 

and if this is a gripe about United thread, I just took their new "basic economy" from DEN to LAX.  No carry on?  WTF?  No advance check in unless you buy a checked bag? 

We have the United Explorer Credit Card but only the card holder (my wife) gets any benefits? 

Where's the scissors?
yeah, and fun fact - most basic economy fares are at the same level as the old non basic economy fares. but if it helps more people see more places or visit loved ones more often because they can afford more tickets, then yay i guess. 

the one good thing is the entire plan is "rented" its one of those HS Marching Band trips, I think they are taking 3 planes, but all the seats will be band nerds - feel sorry for the flight crew - especially the plane that is mostly "percussion" people ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
tell them to fight for the biz class seats then! ha

I'm sure the faculty /band staff who the band boosters (parents) are paying their share of the trip will grab those - but I will tell my kids to go for those and remind the faculty they ain't paying for their seats #fuckedup

When I was flying back and forth to Afghanistan all the time, the military would charter planes to get between D.C. and Kuwait.  One flight home was on a 737 so we ended up having to make 5 or 6 stops.  My R&R was right before Christmas so the flight back was almost creepy....a 777 with maybe 20 people on it.  Weren't many people heading back to the 'Stan right before Christmas but people are always trying to head home for the holidays so they have to size the plane based on the number of people they would be picking up, hence the 777.

I read an article about this too. It seems that it was not the fact that it was a peacock, but that it was TOO BIG. That made it even more ridiculous to me!

I read an article about this too. It seems that it was not the fact that it was a peacock, but that it was TOO BIG. That made it even more ridiculous to me!
The peacock was too big? ****, I’ve never had that happen before. 

Even the American-based airlines have different baselines for international versus domestic flight ammenities.

Basic domestic only really covers your seat. Everything else (carry on, snack, checked bag, etc) is extra, but it varies based on airlines.

Basic international always allows for at least one checked bag, you get one carryone + a "personal item" (book, jacket, purse, etc), and any flight longer than 3hrs has at least one meal + drinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
and it had its own ticket/seat.  Seems reasonable to me.  :brickwall:

idk, i feel like if you need a support animal to the extent that you need it to travel with you, maybe don't choose a peacock. 

people have been abusing the support animal allowances terribly. I do not support this action. I understand you want to take your babies with you but make proper arrangements for this to happen. 

Back