Help: EET Course - On Demand

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnguy88

Reaction score
I signed up for the EET on demand course (structural depth) and starting it today. Is there a class schedule that I can follow? I feel like I’m missing something. I was given the instructions on how to reach the videos and then the big binder and that’s it. I don’t even know where to start. The recording contents are in no particular order and I’m finding myself trying to search for the appropriate video title for the first section of the binder. I take it we just dive right in and start from beginning to end with what’s in the binder? 

Please help if any of you have taken the on demand course or are taking it now.

From taking the webinar class ( we have access to on demand recording after each class), I think each recording had the session name. My suggestion would be to follow the order of the presentations in the book. 

From taking the webinar class ( we have access to on demand recording after each class), I think each recording had the session name. My suggestion would be to follow the order of the presentations in the book. 
It's not as straight forward as I thought, but i guess i'll just play around and figure it out.  For example, the title of the first section in the binder is " Part I - Analysis of Structures".  However, the video for this is found under "Loads" sub folder (not in the "Analysis" folder given the title of the slide" with the video titled "Structural Depth - Loads I"

I'm  hoping maybe i am missing something that'll help instead of opening every folder and every video file until i find the video that matches the slides.  

Have you tried emailing them? They were very helpful during my course. You may be able to get a list from them showing the exact file names for the appropriate presentation.

Have you tried emailing them? They were very helpful during my course. You may be able to get a list from them showing the exact file names for the appropriate presentation.
I just emailed the instructors. However, after I did, I went to EET’s website and they gave the live webinar’s schedule so I printed it off and will follow its schedule. I was worried I wouldn’t have time the next 12 weeks to do all the videos but now that I see the schedule, I’m not behind at all.

One thing I would recommend is that even if you feel well prepared in a specific topic, make sure you still watch that video. Although it may seem like 2nd nature, there could be a small area or maybe a helpful hint that you were not aware of that can help you on a problem others get stuck on.

Anyone taking EET right now? The on demand is frustrating. The table of contents doesn’t match what is in the binder. Im still finding myself spending a lot of time trying to figure out which section goes with which videos and still cannot find. Power points don’t match with parts of what’s in the binder. It’s getting a bit ridiculous.  So many gave eet great reviews but how am I not getting it? There is no organization in the binder or recordings. Any help?

I printed off a course schedule and am going from there. I'm starting with the Breadth Class: Structural Mechanics. That folder is in Recordings-Fall 2017>1-LOADS & ANALYSIS. Within that folder called Structural Mechanics (Breadth)_Loads, I'm going in the following order:

1. Loads
  2. Statics and Analysis
  3. Mechanics of Materials and Structural Design
  4. Concrete Design
  5. Retaining Walls
  6. Steel Design
  7. Misc.
I can get you the rest of that schedule if you can't find it. It seems like the other folders are labeled pretty well with numbers. I'm still waiting on my binder...it's delayed in the mail, of course. Sorry I'm just now seeing this, hope it helped! PM me if you need anything else.

Back