Things that are worse than failing the PE...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vee043324

White Claw Pusher
Reaction score
I was so devastated after learning my results from the October exam that I had to isolate myself from this website/anything exam related/the world... but I'm back and reading through all of these threads has been super encouraging - so I want to say thanks!!

I've spent a lot of time trying to put my failing result in perspective. I know things could be much worse, but sometimes it's hard to remember this fact. So, if you're still struggling with the exam results like me, here's an opportunity for all of us to discuss things that are worse than failing the PE.

1. Your pet dies
2. Anyone dies
3. You die
4. Losing a really big election and feeling like you let millions of women down 
5. Girlfriend/Boyfriend cheating on you
6. Being in a car accident and dealing with insurance companies

Interested in hearing what others have to add... this thread was created with some humor and isn't intended to be taken super seriously! I'm just trying to make myself less depressed :)

1. An endorsement from Steve Bannon
  2. Trying to jump in the middle of "Whose is bigger contest" between Trump and Dennis Rodman's North Korean BFF
  3. Being a Browns Fan
  4. That Virginia candidate who lost the election by losing the pick numbers out of film cannister contest 
  5. The Democrats in Viriginia who lost potential control of the state legislature by losing the pick a number out of film cannister contest  

1. Having a democrat in the presidential office (or worse, one who's treasonous and a federal criminal)
  2. Being diagnosed with cancer
  3. Losing your home to a natural disaster
  4. Losing your job
  5. The hard drive of your primary computer no longer being accessible (without having a proper back-up)

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. Permanently smelling like a skunk.
  2. Extreme food sickness that turns you off of a whole cuisine forever.
  3. Experiencing a terrible natural disaster, like a hurricane, flooding, wildfires, etc.
  4. Global warming.

1. The Last Jedi

2. Mayonnaise

3. First week back from Christmas vacation

Last edited by a moderator:
  1.   Being alone in a room with Harvey Weinstein.
  2.   Being outside right now ...  (In the middle of a White Out and Temps are dropping to -1F tonight)
  3.   Having to shovel all that snow in the morning...

1. Bud Heavy

2. Having a Democrat in the White House

3. Living in California

4. Living in Philadelphia

5. Raw Water Diet

6. Au Natural Females

7. 2WD Pickup Trucks

8. Owning a dog that isn't a GSD or Mal

9. Uggs

10. Pumpkin Spice anything

Everyone's covered the really heavy stuff already, so I have a handful of first world problems here for your enjoyment.

1.  Being really excited to eat something in your refrigerator (yogurt?  I don't know, insert your favorite food here) and realizing it expired two months ago.
2.  Making a really stupid joke on Twitter in poor taste several years ago that someone unearths, retweets, and now everyone is retweeting about what a horrible person you are (this has never happened to me but sounds pretty stressful)
3.  Watching Young Sheldon on CBS.  Why?  Why does this character deserve a prequel?
4.  Knowing that there aren't going to be any new Harry Potter books other than encyclopedias and textbooks :(  

1. Bud Heavy

2. Having a Democrat in the White House

3. Living in California

4. Living in Philadelphia

5. Raw Water Diet

6. Au Natural Females

7. 2WD Pickup Trucks

8. Owning a dog that isn't a GSD or Mal

9. Uggs

10. Pumpkin Spice anything
Holy crap, raw water diet is a real thing? WHY????

1. Mother in laws

2. Running out of beer

3. Hemorrhoids

4. Getting pocked in the eye

5. Getting pocked in the hemorrhoids

6. Getting kicked in the nuts

7. The baby isn't your

8. Mother in laws 

Not being able to clear your browser history after you die.

(I failed twice) Don't sweat it. Change your study habits, work more problems, or like me change sections and try something new.

1. An endorsement from Steve Bannon
  2. Trying to jump in the middle of "Whose is bigger contest" between Trump and Dennis Rodman's North Korean BFF
  3. Being a Browns Fan
  4. That Virginia candidate who lost the election by losing the pick numbers out of film cannister contest 
  5. The Democrats in Viriginia who lost potential control of the state legislature by losing the pick a number out of film cannister contest  
All of this is :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But for real... being a Browns fan... le ouch

Everyone's covered the really heavy stuff already, so I have a handful of first world problems here for your enjoyment.

1.  Being really excited to eat something in your refrigerator (yogurt?  I don't know, insert your favorite food here) and realizing it expired two months ago.
2.  Making a really stupid joke on Twitter in poor taste several years ago that someone unearths, retweets, and now everyone is retweeting about what a horrible person you are (this has never happened to me but sounds pretty stressful)
3.  Watching Young Sheldon on CBS.  Why?  Why does this character deserve a prequel?
4.  Knowing that there aren't going to be any new Harry Potter books other than encyclopedias and textbooks :(  
Also being really excited to eat something in the refrigerator and realizing SOMEONE ALREADY ATE IT :((((((((

All of this is :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But for real... being a Browns fan... le ouch
I am not a Brown's fan but have you seen there record the last 10 years?

1. 2008:  4-12
  2. 2009: 5-11
  3. 2010: 5-11
  4. 2011: 4-12
  5. 2012: 5-11
  6. 2013: 4-12
  7. 2014: 7-9
  8. 2015: 3-13
  9. 2016: 1-15
  10. 2017: 0-16
You gotta feel sorry for the long suffering Dawg Pound.

Back