Oregonians

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proponents of the bill argued that it’s impractical for businesses in rural counties to have staff available to fuel vehicles 24 hours a day, so drivers in need of fuel after business hours usually have to call state police for assistance. Police would then bring a small amount of fuel and ask the operator of the closest gas station to open.
Source

This is the most amazing part to me. We don't even have enough patrol for 24-hour duty, much less would they come out to get you gas. 

I imagine the vast majority of Oregonians DO know how to pump gas, having left the state at some point, but I imagine there's a good population that doesn't WANT to pump gas. Our last full service station went out of business maybe 14 years ago. I don't know that I could find one in the region. 

Source

This is the most amazing part to me. We don't even have enough patrol for 24-hour duty, much less would they come out to get you gas. 

I imagine the vast majority of Oregonians DO know how to pump gas, having left the state at some point, but I imagine there's a good population that doesn't WANT to pump gas. Our last full service station went out of business maybe 14 years ago. I don't know that I could find one in the region. 
The comments on several of the news stories discussing it suggest the majority of Oregon residents believe it will bring about Armageddon.

Source

" “I’m in Wisconsin and with the wind chill it’s currently -17. You know what I did this morning?! Had to pump my own flipping gas!! It’s not that hard people!!” one woman wrote. "

CSB:  Did you comment for that article?

“I’m in Wisconsin and with the wind chill it’s currently -17. You know what I did this morning?! Had to pump my own flipping gas!! It’s not that hard people!!” one woman wrote. "
Ha! No but I should have! That's exactly what the temperature was at my mom's over the holiday break. And yes, I had to re-fuel my vehicle during that time. :thumbs:

I meant to agree to disagree about Oregon becoming whatever it's interpreted as becoming in this thread due to the northward migration of Californians.

Back