EET Books

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btkist

Reaction score
I signed up to take the EET course.  I was wondering if anyone knew how much they use the recommended/required books.  I plan on buying them, but want to purchase the new edition for some subliminal reason, rather than an older edition like suggested.

Would the old ones be sufficient?

I bought the recommended books (old ones). They were not used during the class but I did use them during the test for a couple definition questions. I would look at them more as a backup just  in case they throw something on the test that was not covered in the binders. I did thumb through them and was glad I had them during the exam.

The course will be based off of the slides that they send you. Reference books should be based on the test specifications.  If a code has been updated, you don't want to lose easy points because you went by the new code vs the old code in the test specifications. Other reccomended books may be a good reference guide for extra reading or additional details. For example, Caltrans (California  DOT) has a lot of construction manuals online that cover test subjects that can be used as additional study resources to go more in depth in certain areas.  Part of the Construction Depth course, there were a few charts uploaded from the different guides ( due to copyright laws they are restricted on what the can copy and distribute), however as many people can tell you all the information in the guide is free game in terms of possible test questions.  

Thanks for the replys.  I'll pick up the old ones and save some money.  I have some standards and my newer textbooks which I could reference for any codes.

Thanks for the replys.  I'll pick up the old ones and save some money.  I have some standards and my newer textbooks which I could reference for any codes.
By whatever the NCEES outline tells you to buy. Make sure you are buying the correct editions.

Back