Christmas Gifts

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supe

Reaction score
Post up - what swag did you bring in for X-mas this year?

I got a King Kong brand gym bag, the adjustable Drill Doctor, a set of cobalt drill bits, and a new dress belt for work.

Mrs. Supe got a bunch of clothes and miscellaneous crap from the family, and a Fitbit HR from me, which she wanted because it displays her text messages and calls while she's doing someone's hair.

Junior got everything under the sun, but the coolest was a Cosmo robot and a Kindle 8 HD to run it.

My sister and her husband got their first grandbaby (a few days after).

My sister and her husband got their first grandbaby (a few days after).
Huh?

Mrs Kevo got me a nice winter coat. It's a the North Face Thermoball coat. The thing weighs like 2 pounds and is the warmest coat I've ever owned. 

I bought Mrs Kevo a Pixel 2 a month ago and we finally got the Google Home mini (something free for buying the phone). Very cool gadget. You can have Donald Trump tell you the weather with it!!

Mini Kevo got spoiled again this year. Legos galore and a tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a King Kong brand gym bag, the adjustable Drill Doctor, a set of cobalt drill bits, and a new dress
this is what I read. I was like, good for you! Embrace it!

I got various smart home devices and a new turntable and bought myself the beginning of my speaker collection and still have to hook it all up :(  

I got a shotgun & rifle cleaning kit (we haven't done Xmas with my mom yet and I have a feeling there will be a rifle to go with that), a digital calipers, a dual-fuel smoker (propane/charcoal), a couple games, and a bidet attachment for the toilet.

My wife got a fitbit from me, and a nerf gun.

Congrats on your swag.  Here is what Santa brought me:

1. Home Depot gift card
  2. New TUMI wallet
  3. New Lunch Box
  4. White Dress Shirt and Tie
  5. Earbuds - This was a great gift from the Mrs. 
  6. New Purdue Sweatshirt and Purdue camo stocking cap

I got a remote starter (still need to have it installed and some Weather tech floor mats for my car.

Mrs MA got one of these

copper-pan.jpg

I know...I'm a hopeless romantic.

and some Weather tech floor mats for my car.
Actually, I forgot that one.  My father got Mrs. Supe a set of Weather Tech mats for her CRV also.  Good thing we put them in before we left CT, because they were a mess leaving VA from the salt/snow.

Got some books from the future in-laws, gift cards, and some cute purses.  Magic cards and a car phone holder from the fiancé.

• Logitech Harmony Elite Remote + Logitech Hub (now Alexa can control my home entertainment system and all our smart phones are also now "remotes")
  • A 3rd Nest Camera (IQ version w/ face recognition software) for my security system
  • 1 TB solid state drive (thanks to GTA V install size)
  • New lounge slippers
  • RFID blocking wallet
  • A few new exercise accessories
I bought Mrs Kevo a Pixel 2 a month ago and we finally got the Google Home mini (something free for buying the phone). Very cool gadget. You can have Donald Trump tell you the weather with it!!
LOL. I pre-purchased the Nest Hello (doorbell security camera) and apparently it comes with a free Google Home mini. Perhaps I can host some sort of death match between Mini & Alexa. :D

I got various smart home devices and a new turntable and bought myself the beginning of my speaker collection and still have to hook it all up :(  
Going to need more detail than that.  <_<

and a bidet attachment for the toilet.
:blink:

• Going to need more detail than that.  <_<
Echo plus for kitchen/downstairs

Echo reg. for upstairs

Echo dot to take audio input from receiver and communicate with incoming wireless speakers (because it was basically free with a bundle with harmony hub etc) 

Harmony hub to let alexa speak to my xbox and tv 

Tech something smart plug outlet thing that came with Echo reg. for 5 bucks so I can have alexa turn something on/off

Smart lightbulb? (philips hue?) that came with Echo plus. Not sure what room I need this in, as previous owners have motion-sensored lights EVERYWHERE

Got the new 55" TV a bit earlier, but for Christmas, got a Bose soundbar to go with it.  Nothing super fancy (the family room doesn't really lend itself to any kind of surround sound setup) but it is infinitely better than the TV speakers.

I got a car emergency kit, an earthquake/natural disaster emergency kit, a new denim jacket and an awesome pair of jeans, lots of cookies, a pretty bracelet, a cookbook.

a new denim jacket and an awesome pair of jeans
20111103-201816.jpg

Highlights of mine are:

Taurus PT111 and Fobus paddle.  Shoots and feels great

Kobalt table saw

Got the mrs a Kitchen Aid stand mixer and new rugs.  That sounds kind of lame now that I type it out.

The boys got drones, Legos, Hoverboards and a Heritage 22 revolver among other things.  Funny thing is after spending a few hundred on each of them, my middle childs favorite present was a $2 batman ring that I'm sure will turn his finger green within the week.

I got a car emergency kit, an earthquake/natural disaster emergency kit, a new denim jacket and an awesome pair of jeans, lots of cookies, a pretty bracelet, a cookbook.
Sounds like preparations for the impending zombie apocalypse....  :dunno:

I came to realize that two tin cans with a string is better than most TV speakers.
The TCL TV I got gets great reviews.  About the only thing people talk about that isn't great is the sound.  As bad as sound is on TV's in general, I looked up the specs and the TCL packs 8W speakers which is about 1/3 the power of the Samsungs that I was comparing it to.

The worst is that very few account for resonance of whatever the housing is, so at any decent output, case vibration gives you a bad case of Charlie Brown's mom.

Back