question about ncees reciprocity

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ketanco

Reaction score
Many states also accept NCEES reciprocity.

My question is, as for the 5 references they (NCEES) require, do they need to be the ones from the experience period we will show to them? because mine has been many years in the past and i am unable to get references now from the ones long time ago. Can references be from recent periods?

second question, how many years of experience they want as engineer? Because I think I saw something like all experience after graduation. But for me all of them is not 100% in engineering, although my total number of years was enough to apply in my state.

Thanks!

You should check with NCEES regarding your question on references. I've always wondered about this myself since some states require the references to have supervised your work and others merely have to know your character.

The experience record should only reflect actual engineering experience.

I assume you are asking about the NCEES Council Record for Licensure by Commity with additional States.  I received/established my Council Record in 2009.

You need to document ALL education and experience since graduating High School. They even wanted an explanation for the three month period between HS and start of college, and for the six months I spent writing my Bachelors Thesis between end of college classes and graduation.

At least 5O% of your work experience must have been under direct supervision of another PE. All work experiences must be supported in writing by the Supervisor or another knowledgeable observer.  I had to find my first work supervisor who had retired 25 years earlier, moved out of state, and was 80 years old!

The actual "references" on you record are just that, references and can come from anywhere.

Your work experience that you add needs to be sent to a supervisor to review and approve, and can not be one of your 5 references. So if you have 5 jobs, you'll need 10 signatures. Make sense?

Back