NEW YORK License Number Watch

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from the previous exams it seems about 2.5 weeks after result date. so hopefully later this week. crossing fingers. 

I called the NYS board , and i was told that if your From 1 or 1A is not more than five years old , you should get the certificate in the mail within four to six weeks.

Sooo... anytime between now and mid January...

I check their website everyday and it never changes.

I called the NYS board , and i was told that if your From 1 or 1A is not more than five years old , you should get the certificate in the mail within four to six weeks.
So that's what they mean when they say on their website they are doing a "Status Review" 

I hope it's as easy as that.  I would imagine most people submitted their paperwork this spring if they were first time takers.  Others within a couple of years if they had to re-take a time or two+.

My letter to sit for the PE stated that the NY review board recommended me to be allowed to sit for the exam.  I don't think they make those recommendations until they have qualified your experience. 

We have a little while before before we will know for sure though based on the timing they handed out license numbers from the October 2016 exam.  I'm thinking it will be the first or second week in January. 

The NY online verification license search is currently unavailable.  Maybe they are batch inputting new numbers? 

The NY online verification license search is currently unavailable.  Maybe they are batch inputting new numbers? 
I've encountered this a few times. After mashing the F5 button, the same old "nope, sorry" message comes up.

They updated 2 numbers yesterday, one form Flushing and one form FL. its up to 098752 so far but no other movement. 

They updated 2 numbers yesterday, one form Flushing and one form FL. its up to 098752 so far but no other movement. 
How do you see when license numbers are added? I only see the option for selecting Profession and then typing in last name.

How do you see when license numbers are added? I only see the option for selecting Profession and then typing in last name.
Right underneath it there's an option to look up license numbers by profession. by trial and error I found out what was the last number issued and that's how I keep track of new numbers issued.

Right underneath it there's an option to look up license numbers by profession. by trial and error I found out what was the last number issued and that's how I keep track of new numbers issued.
Oh gotcha. You just put in random numbers.

Oh gotcha. You just put in random numbers.
My friend got her license number last October and since I know her number I started checking from that number in increments until I came to the last number issued 

My friend got her license number last October and since I know her number I started checking from that number in increments until I came to the last number issued 
That's smart. Did she apply via comity or initial license?

Last year the license numbers came out on January 9th which was a Monday. My guess would be that this year we should see some new numbers January 8th.  I got my fingers crossed. 

Last year the license numbers came out on January 9th which was a Monday. My guess would be that this year we should see some new numbers January 8th.  I got my fingers crossed. 
yeah lets hope so. its been long enough. 

Back