PE License # in NY

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebas

Reaction score
My boss gave me today my new name plate with "PE", but still waiting on my license # from the NYS Board.  Just want it to be official!!! 11 days after the release of results and counting.... feels like forever. :angry:

My boss gave me today my new name plate with "PE", but still waiting on my license # from the NYS Board.  Just want it to be official!!! 11 days after the release of results and counting.... feels like forever. :angry:
You could be in sunny CA waiting on CA specific exam results!!!!! No idea if we passed yet! hahhahahahaha

NYS is doing a status review of all the individuals that passed the PE exam.  If you meet all the requirements then you will be granted a license in 4-6 weeks.  I'm thinking mid January as long as there are no technicalities in your application. 

"If you meet all the requirements..."   Does that mean that they don't review them upon initial receipt?  That will be a major disappointment if you pass the test and then still can't be licensed.

"If you meet all the requirements..."   Does that mean that they don't review them upon initial receipt?  That will be a major disappointment if you pass the test and then still can't be licensed.
Totally agree with @ArrowF. Is not the experience already reviewed?

I think the experience part was reviewed before we could sit for the PE exam.  I think this status review entails a review of your form 1 or 1A to make sure it's up to date.  

Back