NC initial licensure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen2awesome

Reaction score
Have a quick question. I have submitted my NCEES record to NC board, and filled out /submitted the short application last week. When should I expect them to issue licenses? They had a board meeting Wednesday. Just getting anxious. Thanks.

@Ken PE 3.1 might be able to chime in here. But the quickest turn-around I've seen with license by committee in just about any state jurisdiction is on average 3-4 weeks. I tend to follow up every 2 weeks.

@Ken PE 3.1 might be able to chime in here. But the quickest turn-around I've seen with license by committee in just about any state jurisdiction is on average 3-4 weeks. I tend to follow up every 2 weeks.
Is this by mailing in the application instead of filling NCEES record and applying online?

I am not licensed in NC, but I have seen response in as short as 3 days and as long as 8 weeks.

So, it varies greatly by state.

Hope this gives you clarity.  :thumbs:

Update at least for me. They will be processing and reviewing around first of the year. Probably will not see a # till end of first week of January or early 2nd week.

I got licensed in NC last year. It takes awhile. My experience was about 3 months, but that was using a paper application.

Don't be afraid to call and ask for an update. If there is an issue with your application, they won't tell you unless you call and ask. Some of my references filled out the forms improperly and I would have never known there was an issue if I didn't call.

Even with an NCEES record, I would still call and double check that they aren't waiting for something.

Pfffffftttt.....Washington State ... submitted on Thursday, had a license on Monday.

Update:

I got in contact with the administrative person late last week. They are currently processing (I guess) applications as of Friday January 5, 2018. Due to snow, it was delayed. No new licenses has been added as of this morning.

We had new years and the snowpocalypse, so I'll wait til the end of next week to call. Calling won't speed them up.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I didn't say it would speed it up. Giving them a call and just getting a status update and making sure they have all the required documents does not hurt.

I didn't say it would speed it up. Giving them a call and just getting a status update and making sure they have all the required documents does not hurt.
Do they not let you know if they don't have everything they need? If the application is denied, do they just lay it aside and never contact the applicant?

Do they not let you know if they don't have everything they need? If the application is denied, do they just lay it aside and never contact the applicant?

Not sure. It didn't happen to me. I suggested to you to call after you commented on my post. If you want to then fine, if not then fine. Not my problem.

Back