SE Results are Out - Structural - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards

3 minutes ago, Mithrandir918 said:

New thread to post to see which states have posted results for 2017 Fall SE Exam.  Best of luck to all!

I have seen Iowa and North Carolina so far.

13 minutes ago, MaxDefl said:

Virginia is out.

Sorry to hear the results were unfavorable, was this your first time and bridges or buildings?

going with the pass rates, especially from last time, there is about an 80% chance that people will take this exam more than one time so dont feel bad.

Yeah...it was my first time with Buildings.  I believe I am going to split Vertical and Lateral the next time, and work a LOT more problems.

• Sad 1

New York is out.  Failed both days.  Surprised on some of my results but can't say I deserved to pass.  I will say I found it ridiculously hard.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Bean said:

New York is out.  Failed both days.  Surprised on some of my results but can't say I deserved to pass.  I will say I found it ridiculously hard.

@Mr. Bean, I'm sorry to hear that. Keep you head up. You can do it! You WILL do it!

Heck yeah!!!!! Results are out in Georgia! Passed both on the first try! Can't believe it because I felt like I got my butt kicked!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GTJacket said:

Heck yeah!!!!! Results are out in Georgia! Passed both on the first try! Can't believe it because I felt like I got my butt kicked!

Congrats!

I love hearing about people who get pleasantly surprised like this.  Buildings or Bridges?

I did Buildings. The amount and difficulty of ASSHTO questions in the AM on both days really had me worried. There were also several questions on both days in the PM that threw me for a loop. Honestly, I'm still in shock, albeit a happy shock lol. 

Congrats to all that end up passing.  If you did not pass just remember, this is the most difficult engineering exam that NCEES produces.  With experience and additional study, you will get there! 

Glad to see a fellow Yellow Jacket "GTJacket" has passed. Congrats!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mithrandir918 said:

Is there any other states besides IL that have not published PE results?

Checking the PE boards it looks like Kentucky, Vermont, and Rhode Island still haven't posted PE results

5 hours ago, Mr. Bean said:

Ooof, not fun for sure but a lot of us have been there. Still you now know what worked for your studies and what didn't you'll now be able to double down and be twice as prepared next time.

5 hours ago, MaxDefl said:

Yeah...it was my first time with Buildings.  I believe I am going to split Vertical and Lateral the next time, and work a LOT more problems.

Working problems was what helped me pass the most when I didn't pass the first time. I like your idea of splitting them up, should help focus your studies. Especially with the code changes the extra time will be useful.

4 hours ago, K Engineer said:

Nebraska is released.  Passed SE - Lateral for Buildings. 

Passed SE- Gravity in the Spring, so all of the studying after hours is officially over.

Woohoo! Congratulations for seeing it through to the end. Good to have it all over, no?

4 hours ago, GTJacket said:

Wow! Color me impressed as that's not an easy feat. Definitely celebrate that.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for results. So far the few PPI review course takers this Fall who have reported back to me said they passed so hopefully this exam works out to be a more favorable one in terms of the passing rate.

3 hours ago, David Connor, SE said:

Congrats to all that end up passing.  If you did not pass just remember, this is the most difficult engineering exam that NCEES produces.  With experience and additional study, you will get there! 

Glad to see a fellow Yellow Jacket "GTJacket" has passed. Congrats!

Thanks David! I'm a proud GT grad despite our athletic short comings lol. I have to say thank you so much for your book on bridges. I've always done Buildings and knew very little when it came to ASSHTO. I know for sure it saved my butt on a few questions.  

For all those who didn't get acceptable results, hang in there...For the Illinois test takers, I have made this summary of past result-release milestones; I would guess Illinois would get their results by mid-week next week (as you can tell by the amount of data, I've been studying-for/taking this test way too long). SESW = SE Scoring Workshop in South Carolina (NCEES publishes these dates in their circular)

April 2013
0 weekends later = 4/12/13 (Vertical) thru 4/13/13 (Lateral) Exams
0 weekends later = 4/12/13 thru 4/13/13 SE Exam Meeting
8 weekends later = 6/6/13 thru 6/8/13 SE Scoring Workshop (aka SESW)
8 6/7 weeks later = 6/14/13 SE results released to state boards (6/7w after SESW)
9  5/7 weeks later = 6/20/13 SE results released on CTS (1 5/7w after SESW)

October 2013
0 weekends later = 10/26/13 (Lateral)
1 weekends later = 11/1/13 thru 11/2/13 SE Exam Meeting
6 weekends later = 12/5/13 thru 12/7/13 SESW
7 3/7 weeks later = 12/17/13 SE results released to state boards
7 3/7 weeks later = 12/17/13 SE results released on CTS

NA

April 2015
0 weekends later = 4/18/15 (Lateral) Exams
7 weekends later = 6/4/15 thru 6/6/15 SESW
8 2/7 weeks later = 6/15/15 SE results released to state boards (1 1/7w after SESW)
8 3/7 weeks later = 6/16/15 IDFPR Illinois SE Board Meeting (http://www.idfpr.com/Profs/Meetings/Minutes/SEMinutes06162015.pdf )
8 4/7 weeks later = 6/17/15 results released on CTS (aside: emailed BKC & PN) (1 4/7w after SESW)

April 2016
0 weekends later = 4/16/16 (Lateral) Exams
7 weekends later = 6/2/16 thru 6/4/16 SESW
8 3/7 weeks later = Tue 6/14/16 IDFPR Illinois SE Board Meeting Scheduled  (http://www.idfpr.com/Profs/Meetings/Notices/SEMeeting06142016.pdf )
8 4/7 weeks later = Wed 6/15/16 SE results released on CTS? (1 4/7w after SESW)

April 2017 *
0 weekends later = 4/22/17 (Lateral) Exams
6 weekends later = 6/1/17 thru 6/3/17 SESW
7 2/7 weeks later = 6/13/17 SE results released on NCEES
*IL SE Board meetings were scheduled on 5/23/17 and 7/18/17…https://www.idfpr.com/Profs/Boards/se.asp 

October 2017 (** = my estimate as of today)
0 weekends later = 10/28/13 (Lateral)
4 5/7 weeks later = 11/30/17 thru 12/2/13 SESW
5 6/7 weeks later = Various Engineerboards.com posts that “NC results are out”
**6 3/7 weeks later = Tue 12/12/17 SE results released to state boards?
**6 3/7 weeks later = Tue 12/12/17 SE results released on CTS?

@tenguy23

Thank you for sharing.  

I believe the October 2016 exam results were released to the states on 12/9 (similar to this season's), Illinois did not post PE results until 12/13 and SE results came out 12/16.  

Over/Under, 12/15 - 12/18... my guess.

I was one of two in Vermont to take the SE lateral this past October.  A coworker took SE lateral October 2016 and results came out on a Monday.  Since VT did not release on Friday, as many predicted, and as they were for the SE in April 2017, I would assume Monday will be the next best bet.  I was hoping to have the weekend after getting results, since I am not confident about an afternoon problem...Productivity might be low until then!

14 minutes ago, Phil Clark said:

I was one of two in Vermont to take the SE lateral this past October.  A coworker took SE lateral October 2016 and results came out on a Monday.  Since VT did not release on Friday, as many predicted, and as they were for the SE in April 2017, I would assume Monday will be the next best bet.  I was hoping to have the weekend after getting results, since I am not confident about an afternoon problem...Productivity might be low until then!

Yes I would assume a lot of states come out Monday/Tuesday.  Illinois seems to drag their feet most the time however.

Its hard to imagine two people in a room taking that exam.  Illinois there is about 250-300 testing under very poor conditions.