Now that it's been a few days (for most of us).. How is everyone feeling?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civilengrdude

Reaction score
To the newly passed, Congratulations!  To everyone else, don't give up, mistakes teach us all the best.

So, pass or fail, how is everyone feeling?  Still riding the high?  Succumbing to depression?  Let's get our feelings out there and have some therapy!

Personally, I passed and am still riding the lightning - feeling great.  For whatever reason, passing this test was a huge personal milestone for me.  I felt like my wages at my current job (which i love) were stagnating without it, also, i feel it is the culmination of everything up to now for me.  It makes school, the eit, and all of the work I've done up to this point feel validated.

I passed the 8-hour in CA and was riding the high for a day or so...until I remembered I have two more tests to take in the spring. 

This is my second time failing. I feel like I'm in decent spirits, but it's taken a couple of days for the sadness and disappointment to really set in.  For personal and professional reasons (don't we all have them), it would have been sooo nice to pass this time around.  :( Oh well. I'll get it.  I've got a study plan in place to strengthen the concepts I struggled with the last exam round.

I set the NCEES notification showing I passed to the lock screen on my phone. This serves 2 purposes: 1. It reassures me that this is indeed real, 2. It saves me the time it takes to constantly go to the website and confirm I didn't misread the notice. I guess you could say I'm currently still absorbing and processing the fact that I passed. Doesn't feel real yet. 

I have taken the test twice now and am feeling alright. I have recovered much quicker this time than last from the news. But it is quite saddening to see your friends pass and move on as you are stuck in the fail seat until next time. Like @txjennah said, We will get it. Just gotta dig in and press forward.

To the newly passed, Congratulations!  To everyone else, don't give up, mistakes teach us all the best.

So, pass or fail, how is everyone feeling?  Still riding the high?  Succumbing to depression?  Let's get our feelings out there and have some therapy!

Personally, I passed and am still riding the lightning - feeling great.  For whatever reason, passing this test was a huge personal milestone for me.  I felt like my wages at my current job (which i love) were stagnating without it, also, i feel it is the culmination of everything up to now for me.  It makes school, the eit, and all of the work I've done up to this point feel validated.
You’re really funny, you know that? 🙃

IL examinee here...still waiting for results. So to answer your question: anxious?

I set the NCEES notification showing I passed to the lock screen on my phone. This serves 2 purposes: 1. It reassures me that this is indeed real, 2. It saves me the time it takes to constantly go to the website and confirm I didn't misread the notice. I guess you could say I'm currently still absorbing and processing the fact that I passed. Doesn't feel real yet. 
Lol that is a good idea since I log in each day like 10 times to make sure the green box is still there so I am not being crazy or delusional! But majority ppl in my firm are PE and 90 percent of them passed at the first attempt. so They kinda take it fo granted that I passed at the first attempt and not a big deal at all! So I feel like I am too dramatic of being that excited! Everything now is back to normal! 

My firm is the same way. Practically everyone passed first time. When I passed last cycle I got a "Good job."  Then it was back to work.

Thought I'd at least get taken to lunch or something geez!

My firm is the same way. Practically everyone passed first time. When I passed last cycle I got a "Good job."  Then it was back to work.

Lol well besides good job, they still added congrats first, lol. I never thought they would bring me lunch or give me anything, just felt like why do I make it such a big deal?! Still same position now, maybe pay rate will increase a little bit from next month! What else? That is it!!!!

Still same position now, maybe pay rate will increase a little bit from next month!
Maybe I'm greedy but I expect this and believe I've earned it. While working towards the PE may have been a requirement in the job description, achieving the license is in my opinion beyond the original scope . That expectation is probably bolstered a bit by the fact that I expect to be voluntold to start signing smaller projects.

i'm having each co worker buy me lunch once a piece, it's like my birthday come early!

I guess I was also in high celebrating I had passed the 8hr, until I remember that I still need to take seismic and surveying.. 

I'm right there with you and will probably do the same. I've checked every day since Monday that it still said Pass. I walked out not feeling great about it so it hasn't really set in that I actually passed. Best of luck to everyone that didn't make it this time. Keep up the energy and knock it out in April! 

I have read so many times that people didn't feel good about it walking out and then they end up passing. For instance, my buddy in October said that he felt like he for sure failed and yet passed. I, on the other hand, walked out feeling pretty decent and yet failed! So do I just need to take this exam and afterwards think to myself, oh I for sure failed??? That is a joke of a question of course, but honestly I don't understand that....

Back