NCEES Application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen2awesome

Reaction score
So I passed the PE ( thank you god) so now I'm in the process of filling in my work experience. I filled it in the first time but NCEES feedback came saying I have to change some verbiage since state boards want to see what I actually did for progressive experience. Anyone else having this issue? I'm terrible at writing up things especially anything about my experience. 

Just try to be as detailed as possible with regard to your respective project responsibilities. IIRC, I think I had 1-1/2 pages with the amount of detail I included with my experience. 

So I passed the PE ( thank you god) so now I'm in the process of filling in my work experience. I filled it in the first time but NCEES feedback came saying I have to change some verbiage since state boards want to see what I actually did for progressive experience. Anyone else having this issue? I'm terrible at writing up things especially anything about my experience. 
When I filled out my experience for my NCEES record, I copied and pasted the info. from my State Application, which had been approved and I had a recent license.  NCEES rejected most of my experience and wanted more detail.  For example "evaluated alternate drainage systems" became "evaluated between alternative drainage systems (CMP, RCP, concrete box culvert, open concrete line ditch, and open grass lined swale) and detemined the best engineered solution for the client, environment, and public safety".  Filling the experince with  "exact examples" as opposed to being brief and concise worked for me.  If you decide to help out your neighbor rewire his home electrical renovation job could become "Evaluated alternative engineering systems (copper vs. aluminum conductors) for practical application and code compliance for residential projects."   

Last edited by a moderator:
When I filled out my experience for my NCEES record, I copied and pasted the info. from my State Application, which had been approved and I had a recent license.  NCEES rejected most of my experience and wanted more detail.  For example "evaluated alternate drainage systems" became "evaluated between alternative drainage systems (CMP, RCP, concrete box culvert, open concrete line ditch, and open grass lined swale) and detemined the best engineered solution for the client, environment, and public safety".  Filling the experince with  "exact examples" as opposed to being brief and concise worked for me.  If you decide to help out your neighbor rewire his home electrical renovation job could become "Evaluated alternative engineering systems (copper vs. aluminum conductors) for practical application and code compliance for residential projects."   

Just try to be as detailed as possible with regard to your respective project responsibilities. IIRC, I think I had 1-1/2 pages with the amount of detail I included with my experience. 
Thanks! I reworded it the best I could and they accepted it. I did have about 2 pages since I worked at 2 places before the exam. Now the wait to get a number.

Moving because I think of the 'After You Pass' forum more as an 'After you are licensed' forum and the 'Anything about the PE Exam' forum more suitable for application discussion. 

Back