Georgia License Number

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA-Engr

Reaction score
Is anyone else in Georgia still waiting on their license number?  I got my passing result, but still waiting on license number.

You most likely won't get your number for 1-2 months depending on your state.  Here in Jersey, we have to wait a few weeks for them to send out a license activation form that we have to complete and send them a fee check. Once they get theform and fee then they will process the actual license.  

If you call the Board of engineers for Georgia they should be able to give you a better time line for your state. Following this forum for around 1 year now, I've heard of some people waiting a month or more after license fee check was cashed before actually getting their license 

The test was just 1 step towards completing the license process.

Congratulations on passing!

I've got mine!  Judging from last year, it took them a couple of days to get everyone added.  Hopefully you'll have it by the end of the day!

They've only added 47 new ones so far (042682 to 042728)

I haven't seen anyone else added today.  042728 was the last number from yesterday.  Hopefully they will start releasing new ones soon.  I want to change my email signature, order new business cards, change linked in, etc but I feel like I should wait until the license is posted.

You most likely won't get your number for 1-2 months depending on your state.  Here in Jersey, we have to wait a few weeks for them to send out a license activation form that we have to complete and send them a fee check. Once they get theform and fee then they will process the actual license.  

If you call the Board of engineers for Georgia they should be able to give you a better time line for your state. Following this forum for around 1 year now, I've heard of some people waiting a month or more after license fee check was cashed before actually getting their license 

The test was just 1 step towards completing the license process.

Congratulations on passing!
In Georgia we do all of that up front with the exam application, so once the results come out they just start issuing license numbers.

Does anyone know GA SOS process for adding names? I'm still waiting on mine and it's been almost a month. I've been refreshing the list a few times each day and I swear the people down in Macon are adding like 5 per day, and 4 of the 5 are comity.

I know the NCEES site results are final but still, the wait is (once again) excruciating...

Back