• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Any (free) Courses Available for Fed Gov't Employees?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeb6294

Reaction score
Now that I am with the VA, getting hours is becoming more difficult.  USACE required training every year, and you could take one course and get enough credit to cover two years.  At the VA we still have to do training but a lot of it is stuff that wouldn't count, i.e. patient privacy, hand washing, pathogens, etc.  Ohio also screwed a lot of people because they only allow 3 credits per year to be earned online.  You can still do stuff over the internet but it has to be something that your attendance can be verified.  My guess is that the companies who offer courses for $$$ did some lobbying in Columbus.

I know we have sites where we can get free access to code books that usually require a subscription as long as you're logging on from a .gov computer.  Anyone know of a site where Gov't employees can get access to some courses?

Back