Illinois update....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update. Guess we’ll have to keep spamming until we get our results

Didn't see this thread before posting in the map thread.  I called this afternoon and got the same response verbally.  

I wonder if by “verifying results,” CTS means they manually verify the scantrons...it would certainly explain why the exam costs in IL are so high 

I wonder if by “verifying results,” CTS means they manually verify the scantrons...it would certainly explain why the exam costs in IL are so high 
How much do the tests cost in other states? I thought the $350 or whatever I paid was pretty normal.

anyone get any more info from CTS? i emailed a follow up email yesterday, but i havent gotten a response.

I'm wondering the same thing.  I've already bothered them enough with my emails probably.

anyone get any more info from CTS? i emailed a follow up email yesterday, but i havent gotten a response.
Every email CTS gets regarding the status of results adds 12 hours to the release time of results 😛

What?! Higher than other states? How much did you guys pay?

$250, directly to NCEES

$123, directly to the company that handles the testing. 
Ouch! I don’t think they will verify the scantron tho! This is managed by NCEES! And it is machine graded meaning very accurate! NCEES claims they have never had any cases that after manual verification it become from fail to pass! So why the hell Does CTS get this crap for themselves?! Is it possible they tried to create license # before release?! 

Ouch! I don’t think they will verify the scantron tho! This is managed by NCEES! And it is machine graded meaning very accurate! NCEES claims they have never had any cases that after manual verification it become from fail to pass! So why the hell Does CTS get this crap for themselves?! Is it possible they tried to create license # before release?! 
I don't think they do anything with license numbers because I believe that process is separate.  The test and license are decoupled so you can take it before your experience requirements are met.  I took it with only a year and a half of experience.

I don't think they do anything with license numbers because I believe that process is separate.  The test and license are decoupled so you can take it before your experience requirements are met.  I took it with only a year and a half of experience.
Aww that is cool! Then You don’t need to wait for 4 year to sit for this! 

Aww that is cool! Then You don’t need to wait for 4 year to sit for this! 
Yeah it was nice because most of the info was fresh still from college, and I was still in "study mode" as I don't have many responsibilities outside of work (like kids).  I also felt like I didn't need to spend a long time studying because most of the content was still so familiar.  Hopefully I did enough studying though, the wait is making me doubt everything about the test.

Yeah it was nice because most of the info was fresh still from college, and I was still in "study mode" as I don't have many responsibilities outside of work (like kids).  I also felt like I didn't need to spend a long time studying because most of the content was still so familiar.  Hopefully I did enough studying though, the wait is making me doubt everything about the test.
it is normal the panic/doubt increases as wait time continues. I am pretty sure after the exam, I was so confident I rocked it. I only had 2  questions that I was not sure, I did good for the rest of 78. But as I waited, I started to become nervous and confident level drops. then I did not sleep well, the wait time just killed me. So, it is normal you have doubt for everthing about the test.  But you will be fine, trust me. green box will drop to your account soon, hang in there

it is normal the panic/doubt increases as wait time continues. I am pretty sure after the exam, I was so confident I rocked it. I only had 2  questions that I was not sure, I did good for the rest of 78. But as I waited, I started to become nervous and confident level drops. then I did not sleep well, the wait time just killed me. So, it is normal you have doubt for everthing about the test.  But you will be fine, trust me. green box will drop to your account soon, hang in there
Thanks for the advice!  I just have to keep reminding myself that I won't have to wait forever, that they will eventually come out.  And if I don't pass this time, I have plenty of time left and it won't be the end of the world.

Back