How long to wait

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bprit

Reaction score
Ok so this sucks. Failed my first attempt, nothing else to do but look forward I guess. Should I try for the April or wait for October? Any advice from repeat takers?

I failed April and decided to try October since the curriculum was still fresh on my mind. While studying for the October examination, I felt more confident and in control.

It depends.  If you feel burned out and need a break, take a break.  Otherwise, I think it's good to try and take it again when the material/studying routine is still fresh.

Depends, but when I failed, I took a month off. During that month, I made sure I had all practice tests that I needed and signed up for a couple of review courses. I took it again the following cycle (this October) and thankfully passed. Set up a game plan this time since you know what to expect but don't forget to continue studying areas you did good in.

Take the April exam. Information is still fresh in your head. You have 5 months to study. And what's the worst that can happen....you fail again...oh well, go again. 

Don't worry about judgement or what people think. This is your goal and you will achieve it. 

I failed the October exam and Passed the April one. So dont be afraid of failure; embrace the Diagnostic and get back to work. This is your time!!!!

Back