Scoring Idea to Submit; I Need Backers (#Parents)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle In WA

Reaction score
So, for every kid you have you gain a +4 answer credit towards your final score...Any backers?!?! 

With 3 boys all under 6 myself, I still might have bombed!! Any parents to commiserate with me???

I took it with two kids both under the age of 3. It was rough, but it's doable.

I'd back that! :p  I've got baby twins! I took the PE the first time when they were 8 months, second time when they were 14 months. I haven't had a good, solid full night of sleep since I was about 6 months pregnant. Except last night...they magically slept in their own cribs all night...well, until 5 AM. 

My first night away from them was when I took the PE the first time back in April. I thought I'd look forward to the peace and quiet, but it was just too quiet. 

@smrob the idea of twins gives me the shivers! Someone should just hand you your PE and say "you're bearing more than 99.9% of Americans can bear, how much do you want us to pay you!" We don't have much family help either. In 6 years of having kids, we've had 5 nights away together. I love my boys, but it does make it hard to fit time in to study without adding to the load my wife is already dealing with.

The most applicable thing I've read about working parents was a tweet that went something along the lines of: "if the Dad is working full time, and the Mom is at home full time taking care of the young kids, both think Saturday is their day off and they are both wrong!"" hahaha!

I have two and a third on the way... the past few months were sleepless with myself  nearly asleep at my work station... I promised myself that this would be the last attempt and well the red pencil was the lucky one :)

@smrob the idea of twins gives me the shivers! Someone should just hand you your PE and say "you're bearing more than 99.9% of Americans can bear, how much do you want us to pay you!" We don't have much family help either. In 6 years of having kids, we've had 5 nights away together. I love my boys, but it does make it hard to fit time in to study without adding to the load my wife is already dealing with.

The most applicable thing I've read about working parents was a tweet that went something along the lines of: "if the Dad is working full time, and the Mom is at home full time taking care of the young kids, both think Saturday is their day off and they are both wrong!"" hahaha!
Sounds like we both have our hands (and hearts) full! Kids definitely change everything, in ways I could have never imagined before.

We couldn't do it without family! The hubs and I both work full time. Have two grandmas that fight over the days of the week they get to watch the babies, though. This second attempt at the test, I talked to the hubs and the grandmas about the time I needed to study. Gave up my Saturdays with the kiddos for 2.5 months. Study time during the week didn't start until they went to bed. I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute I've gotten with them since October 27!

I have two and a third on the way... the past few months were sleepless with myself  nearly asleep at my work station... I promised myself that this would be the last attempt and well the red pencil was the lucky one :)
Nicely done!

I read that first as have 2 and 1/3 on the way.  That was confusing.

I have 3 under 4 when I took the exam. the youngest was 4 months old. It sucked!
I was the same way in April, two under three years old with the youngest being 4 months. It was rough but somehow having all the other responsibilities made me focus really well during the times I was able to study

I was the same way in April, two under three years old with the youngest being 4 months. It was rough but somehow having all the other responsibilities made me focus really well during the times I was able to study
When ever SC gets off their ass and releases I will let you know if I focused enough haha

Can I just adopt octuplets for a few weeks then give them back when the exam is over?

Back