License Number

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMStruc

Reaction score
I checked NCEES and I passed civil/structural. However my license number doesn't appear online yet. How long does that usually take?

NCEES only administers the exam. Your state will issue your number. This can take anywhere from a couple of days to a few weeks depending on their processes.

I figured, thanks for clarifying. Just a little nervous is all, was hoping to get second confirmation by checking the license number. 

In my state MA it seemed to take forever.  The second wait. 

I figured, thanks for clarifying. Just a little nervous is all, was hoping to get second confirmation by checking the license number. 
Your state’s licensing board website may tell you how long it takes in their PE section. Florida’s does - the wait will be another 8 to 10 weeks per their website.

Texas will need between 6 and 8 weeks to review the application for license. So assuming you just applied you would see something by February at best. 

New Mexico right? I'm not familiar with how long it takes them to issue the liscences, so you may want to check with the board. On the plus side, there probably weren't too many other test takers so it may not be a long wait.

Check your state boards PE roster/Licensee List....My name is already on the Texas PE roster with my license number renewal date

I passed Mechanical HVAC in NM. I checked our state license website everywhere but can't find what we're supposed to do now. I sent an email to the board so I guess I'll just wait for a reply. More waiting...

I checked NCEES and I passed civil/structural. However my license number doesn't appear online yet. How long does that usually take?
I originally sat for the exam for Licensure in Nebraska. One week after I received NCEES 8 HR results I got an email with the law/ethics exam, completed and returned it, and within a couple days got my license #.

Your state’s licensing board website may tell you how long it takes in their PE section. Florida’s does - the wait will be another 8 to 10 weeks per their website.
I found my license number on Florida’s website today.  Didn’t get an email though.

I was the same way for the first 2 weeks (Pennsylvania here). Set the NCEES pass notification as the lock screen on my phone (still there). Helped immensely. I've seen Pennsylvania add about 3 names to their online database per day. Co-worker of mine was added on the first day. Now they seem to be working through all the folks from other states who applied to be licensed in PA. 

Anyway, it will come. You passed. 

Back