Mechanical HVAC - Fail

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pleasePassPE

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Congrads to those that passed.. Unfortunately I will need to take this exam yet again. 

I understand SMS and the practice exam like the back of my hand. Studied and didn't slack off, this is WHY I am feeling low and a bit concerned.  I found that I spent way too much time looking through ALL 4 ASHRAE handbooks, and that was time consuming.  There was lot's of field application problems regarding reference that I just don't know by heart.

Can anyone please share some of your experiences?   :-( 

I passed HVAC with an 87. The notes below were my bible. I also took a course from Testmasters in Houston. Highly recommended to take that class. 

I bought the 6 Minute Solutions Book and the PE: HVAC Exam from NCEES. I literally worked all of those problems until I knew them like the back of my hand. Then I worked them again.

I never used my MERM, but that's because the Testmasters course had all the information I needed packed neatly into 1 booklet. I didn't use any ASHRAE Handbooks.

Worked for me. Good luck man.

HVAC Notes

Thanks for your response. I'm curious how did you get through the exam without opening up ASHRAE?  Is it one or multiple exams?

Also, I only see one page of notes, was that your intention, or was there supposed to be more?

There's only 1 page. It's just the unit conversions and a few constants. Half the test was just having those constants on-hand when I needed them. I didn't need to open an ASHRAE because the Testmasters class basically gave you everything you needed to pass, no useless information. Their class incorporated a few ASHRAE tables here and there as needed. No need for all those books if you have just the references you needed. 

It was 2 exams:

6 Minute Solutions
PE Practice Exam: HVAC by NCEES

Find a good class and catalog a binder of example questions from the class. Testmasters is online and, as I said, I think it was the single reason I passed. They'll even mail you the booklet they use to teach the course.

There's only 1 page. It's just the unit conversions and a few constants. Half the test was just having those constants on-hand when I needed them. I didn't need to open an ASHRAE because the Testmasters class basically gave you everything you needed to pass, no useless information. Their class incorporated a few ASHRAE tables here and there as needed. No need for all those books if you have just the references you needed. 

It was 2 exams:

6 Minute Solutions
PE Practice Exam: HVAC by NCEES

Find a good class and catalog a binder of example questions from the class. Testmasters is online and, as I said, I think it was the single reason I passed. They'll even mail you the booklet they use to teach the course.
Ayoeh,

Could you please email me ([email protected])? I have some more specific questions about the Testmasters review course.

Back