Passed PE.. can I change my credentials?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHEngineer037

Reaction score
Passed the PE! 

Can I change my credentials from EIT to PE or do I need to wait for something?  I want to change those dang letters!

ugh in CA this only mean you're closer but not there yet..

I still have to take Seismic and Surveying until I can change my credentials.. 

I wouldn't change my credentials until I had a license number. That can come from online, a wall certificate, a pocket card, whatever. I felt I needed some sort of confirmation from my respective board saying I was a licensed engineer, not just NCEES telling me I passed the PE exam.

Congratulations on passing. I would wait until your receive correspondence from your licensing board. They should be issuing you a letter of the next steps. The Mississippi Board in their letter congratulated me and gave me instruction on what I needed to do to receive my license which was to obtain my seal and send in a letter with my seal. Fortunately the letter also said that even though I had not received my license yet, I can use the new initials. Even though they allowed it in Mississippi though, doesn't mean it will be the same in your state. So wait for your letter from the Board. 

Back