Worse Score This Time by 10%

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlavanway

Reaction score
I took the exam last April and got 54% and this time I got 44%. I studied much more this past time and even when going through the exam, I felt very confident in my answers. I did the test booklet first and then transferred it over the Scranton. Remembering back to the test, I feel like I did go back and check to make sure both sheets matched up. Is it possible I could have been off by a line? I know I got the geometrics stuff right, but got 0/3 this time.

Should I retake this test a 3rd time or just give up? I feel like I should give up.

you can ask for manual verification of your answer sheet If you have doubt! I won’t give up if I were u

I did ask for manual verification, but according to NCEES, they told me that they have never had a failing score go to a passing score and they do not check the test booklet vs the scantron.

I wouldn’t give up, either. If you think you may have transposed a line when you transferred your answers to your scantron, it may be worth it to request manual verification. 

Don't give up.  I was a second time test take this October (still dont know if I passed).  I also was confident on my answers, so we'll see.  One thing that I did this time for questions I was uncertain on was I put a dot on the scantron sheet for the answer I thought was correct, and moved on.  This made it easier to go back through and check questions I was iffy on, but also made it easier to fill in answers at the end while maintaining the correct answer on the correct question.

The on-demand sounds like it would work better for me. What do most of the reviews here say?

The on-demand sounds like it would work better for me. What do most of the reviews here say?
I did on-demand for breadth and the civil structural depth. I couldn't praise them more. I liked the class set up, thought and think the binders are excellent and indisposable, and thought the practice problems made for excellent practice.

If you do a quick search for EET class reviews on this site, you should probably get others' opinions.

I did on-demand for breadth and the civil structural depth. I couldn't praise them more. I liked the class set up, thought and think the binders are excellent and indisposable, and thought the practice problems made for excellent practice.

If you do a quick search for EET class reviews on this site, you should probably get others' opinions.
Do they offer a bundle for both morning and afternoon or is it both separate?

Yes, I highly recommend EET. I took the EET Breadth and the WRE Depth course. For my 1st and 2nd attempts, I felt shaky on my grasp of the depth topics, but by the 3rd attempt I felt pretty good. My advice would be to tackle as many binder practice problems as you can and attend the problem solving sessions.

I took the WRE depth OnDemand review with EET this past time after reading rave reviews here on EB.  (Don't have my test results yet, though).  The WRE review is superb!  Nazrul is an excellent and very knowledgeable instructor.  Pass or not, the class has made me a better engineer.  I believe they may offer an early sign-up discount, so you may want to keep a look out for it.  I'm not sure if there's a bundle since I only signed up for the WRE depth.  Also, the benefit of the review courses is that they will also give you tips on test strategy.  (One of the things they'll tell you is to fill in your scantron as you go.)  

I do not believe they offer a bundle, as the classes are more or less separate but designed to interact a little bit if you're taking both.

I agree with @smrob, look for the early registration discount. It's not a ton, but if you're able to sign up for both before that deadline, it's worth using! Otherwise, I think full price for both is reasonable and totally worth it.

Yeah they really are fairly affordable compared to the other classes. I recommend doing both but if I had to pick I would go with the depth section.

I just failed for the second time too.  Don't give up. Grieve and then come back with a vengeance.  
I'm sorry to hear this...I found out I failed for the third time earlier today....not sure I want to try this a fourth time at this point...

I'm sorry to hear this...I found out I failed for the third time earlier today....not sure I want to try this a fourth time at this point...
Man I'm so sorry.  This doesn't make you any less of an engineer.  You got this.  Keep trying.  Let's just eat our feelings tonight and recover mentally.

Man I'm so sorry.  This doesn't make you any less of an engineer.  You got this.  Keep trying.  Let's just eat our feelings tonight and recover mentally.
Same for you...are you going to try it again in April '18 then?

Back