Virginia Results!!! - OCT 2017 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
knight1fox3

Virginia Results!!!

I passed first time in Electrical : Computer Engineering. 

I received a notification on Monday Dec 4, 2017 to check NCEES for results. 

Thanks for the tips.

Not yet. Has your name been inputted on the DPOR website? My name search still comes up empty.

2 hours ago, Mcgurr said:

Not yet. Has your name been inputted on the DPOR website? My name search still comes up empty.

No, my name hasn't been entered either (but good to know I'm not the only one searching on the license lookup!).

If you have your email from DPOR confirming receipt of your application and that you need to submit the ethics and laws exam (should be dated before your exam date), there is a five digit number in the subject. That will become your license number, along with 04020 in front of it (04020#####). Note that when you get your stamp, the entire 10-digit number does not go on the stamp, only the last five. All PE license numbers in VA start with 0402.

Hope this helps!

4 hours ago, SmilinEd said:

If you have your email from DPOR confirming receipt of your application and that you need to submit the ethics and laws exam (should be dated before your exam date), there is a five digit number in the subject. That will become your license number, along with 04020 in front of it (04020#####). Note that when you get your stamp, the entire 10-digit number does not go on the stamp, only the last five. All PE license numbers in VA start with 0402.

Hope this helps!

Looking at all the previous Emails I received from DPOR, none of them contain any five digit number. I must just have bad luck.

On 12/16/2017 at 2:54 PM, Mcgurr said:

Looking at all the previous Emails I received from DPOR, none of them contain any five digit number. I must just have bad luck.

Hope this helps!

Thanks @SmilinEd!

@Mcgurr I looked through my previous correspondence with DPOR (when they asked me to complete and send back the ethics exam) and noticed that they did include that 5 digit number in the subject line as SmilinEd mentioned - I did not find it in the body.

Thats a bummer. The subject for the ethics exams states "Virginia Board for APELSCIDLA Examination on Regulations" and approval email states "April 2017 Advanced PE Exam Approval Letter." I feel like the black sheep of DPOR.

Im guessing no one can see their name on the DPOR website yet?

On 12/18/2017 at 11:34 AM, Mcgurr said:

Thats a bummer. The subject for the ethics exams states "Virginia Board for APELSCIDLA Examination on Regulations" and approval email states "April 2017 Advanced PE Exam Approval Letter." I feel like the black sheep of DPOR.

Im guessing no one can see their name on the DPOR website yet?

Ah, I see, that's weird. No, I can't see my name up on the website yet (I check daily). Don't worry though, we passed and did our part. It's just a matter of time!

22 minutes ago, TheNiloJunior said:

Ah, I see, that's weird. No, I can't see my name up on the website yet (I check daily). Don't worry though, we passed and did our part. It's just a matter of time!

Couldn't agree more.

Looks like its a good Friday. My name is now posted on DPOR License Lookup. :D

On 12/22/2017 at 7:41 AM, Mcgurr said:

Looks like its a good Friday. My name is now posted on DPOR License Lookup. :D

Thanks for this @Mcgurr, website is showing my name and number also!

On 1/1/2018 at 12:17 PM, Mcgurr said:

Received my License (wallet size) in the mail yesterday. :D

Hey Mcgurr, have you gotten your frameable certificate yet? I've gotten the envelope and wallet size licenses, but a co-worker of mine showed me her diploma-sized certificate with a cool seal on it too. It appears to be actually signed by the board members as well. The 'you passed' page on DPOR also mentioned something about the certificate.