CA is out!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to all who passed! Now it's really anyone's guess for the state exams. I'm hoping for everyone's sake that it's today.

@sersmay, when do TE exam results normally get released? Any idea?

@leggo PE i imagine at the same time as the other CBT since it's also a CBT...but honestly... i have no freaking clue haha

@leggo PE i imagine at the same time as the other CBT since it's also a CBT...but honestly... i have no freaking clue haha
I wish you luck! I haven't heard of many people taking the TE exam. Honestly, I don't know if I even knew it existed before you posted about it.

@leggo PE there are rumors that they will get rid of it because there are so few people who take it.

@leggo PE there are rumors that they will get rid of it because there are so few people who take it.
Woah, really? That's kinda scandalous. Would that make the "Traffic Engineer" title (that I assume you get when you've passed the TE exam) defunct or moot?

I work for LADOT...

I think most of those who take the TE work here. Here, a TE is kinda-equivalent to having a PE in that you can promote within the department and sign stripping and signage and traffic control plans... 

@leggo PE v scandalous. no, it would definitely be grandfathered in, just an interesting situation overall.

@Ecabral07 yeah, i think it's more common in public sector to snag just one registration, and depending on what's easiest/most familiar, it's often the TE. still not too many people who have the registration (as compared to Civil PE). we'll see how things go.

@Ecabral07 yeah, i think it's more common in public sector to snag just one registration, and depending on what's easiest/most familiar, it's often the TE. still not too many people who have the registration (as compared to Civil PE). we'll see how things go.
Yup! If they do end up getting rid of it, it'll create some changes here in LADOT

because for us, both stripping and signage, and traffic signal plans require both a PE Civil and TE Stamp. 

@Ecabral07 that's right, but you can still stamp with EE for signal plans right?

also shameless plug, you interested in relocating to the bay? we are hiring :D

How many people have actually reported receiving results from California? Are they releasing in batches?

Back