GA On My Mind

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smrob

Reaction score
So, for those who are first time test takers in Georgia, I thought I'd fill you in on how things went down for the April 2017 results release.  NCEES released results to the states.  The next day, the GA SOS website started updating the licenses on the online searchable database BEFORE directing NCEES to release results to examines.  It was an agonizing day waiting for them to update...one at a time in no particular order (not alphabetical anyway).  Hopefully, it's a bit more streamlined this time around.  NCEES finally sent the email and released results about a day later (2 days after the initial national release). If it comes to it, the easiest way to check to see if there have been any licenses issued by the SOS is to search by PE number.  The next PE license issued will be: PE042682.  If you see that one, then GA is updating the database.  Good luck my fellow Peach Staters!

So, for those who are first time test takers in Georgia, I thought I'd fill you in on how things went down for the April 2017 results release.  NCEES released results to the states.  The next day, the GA SOS website started updating the licenses on the online searchable database BEFORE directing NCEES to release results to examines.  It was an agonizing day waiting for them to update...one at a time in no particular order (not alphabetical anyway).  Hopefully, it's a bit more streamlined this time around.  NCEES finally sent the email and released results about a day later (2 days after the initial national release). If it comes to it, the easiest way to check to see if there have been any licenses issued by the SOS is to search by PE number.  The next PE license issued will be: PE042682.  If you see that one, then GA is updating the database.  Good luck my fellow Peach Staters!
Ugh, that sucks! Well maybe they'll have sorted themselves out and you'll hear positively today - GOOD LUCK!!

Do you remember if they started releasing these licenses in the morning or afternoon?
I think it was mid-morning when I saw someone post about it here on EB and started watching.  Haven't seen any updates from SOS so far this morning.

Maybe I can concentrate and try to get some work done until then....

Who am I kidding?!  Still a nervous wreck over here!  :unsure:

Today's a lost day for productivity regardless. First comes the anxious wait for the results. Followed by the emotional high or low that comes after the results are released. Let's hope for the former.

@GA-Engr, I included a link to the GA PELS meeting schedule from the SOS website in my previous post.  I checked it last week and it looks like they added in a meeting today that wasn't there as of last Thursday or Friday.

It's by teleconference too, which likely means that it was scheduled quickly.

It wouldn't surprise me that Georgia requires a full board meeting to authorize the release of the results. Georgia is one of the few states that adds points to an applicants score under certain circumstances. In this case they adds points for being a disable veteran. So a passing score in Georgia may not be a passing score elsewhere.

@RBHeadge PE, the "PELS Investigative Committee" meeting for today by teleconference was showing last week.  The Board meeting on 12/12 was also showing.  The Board meeting teleconference today is new.  I've visited the meetings page a few times and quite a few of them are by teleconference.  If there has to be a full board meeting it'll be after the 12th...ugh, I don't think I can take that!!

Yes, I believe combat veteran is the only circumstance where points are added.  Here's the info from the SOS site:  

veterans meeting certain conditions are eligible for the addition of five or ten percentage points to their examination scores. The veteran must have served for a minimum of one year in active duty status, and must have served during a period of conflict or war for a minimum of 90 days. 

Good catch. I stand corrected.

I suspect they'll okay the release on the call. I could be wrong but my guess you'll know soon.

Good catch. I stand corrected.

I suspect they'll okay the release on the call. I could be wrong but my guess you'll know soon.
Read more about it.  5% given for combat veteran.  10% for disabled veteran.  It only applies to those who take the test in the state of GA.  

Any of you doing PE structural in GA?   I heard I need to take SE exam in stead to be called PE in GA.  is this right?

Just a little longer, it's not so bad. :D

For perspective, it was only a few years ago that it would be days before even half the states would release their results. It could be a couple weeks between when the first state would release and when the PCS states would release, and another two weeks for the last two PCS states of Maryland and Pennsylvania to finally put out their results.

:pcs:

Back