Road Guy

Random Topics 3.1

1 hour ago, Road Guy said:

Thank you Catherine..

RUSS! 

Right here dad..

• Haha 1

https://www.intruderinc.com/products/the-better-mousetrap

I found this to be the best mousetrap you can buy.  Put a little peanut butter on it and if there are mice in the area you’ll get them.  Just enough spring to kill the mouse with no blood/mess sand if you snap it on your finger it really doesn’t hurt.  Pretty inexpensive too. My personal experience has been excellent results.

can be had from amazon and most local stores.

• Thanks 1

The best mousetrap we've had is this blob.  Killed everything within a half-mile radius and, once allowed indoors, killed around five mice in two days and showed us the mousetraps when they had mice caught (because she wanted to try and eat them).

RwLcLxsNsu-P1x1h1mpqadB31WGyYUQvLVNXzbz3

18 hours ago, MA_PE said:

https://www.intruderinc.com/products/the-better-mousetrap

I found this to be the best mousetrap you can buy.  Put a little peanut butter on it and if there are mice in the area you’ll get them.  Just enough spring to kill the mouse with no blood/mess sand if you snap it on your finger it really doesn’t hurt.  Pretty inexpensive too. My personal experience has been excellent results.

can be had from amazon and most local stores.

I have used those with only mixed results. I watched a mouse wiggle right out of it.

then you have pretty tough mice.  I've only seen dead ones whenever it got tripped.  I've seen mice flop around dragging glue traps though.  LOL

@csb I just stood up so fast on the plane and I'm thinking of you ❤️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I'm trying to use YNAB...and it's making me sad when I realize how much I've spent on vacation these past two months.  😦

• fudgey 1

On 1/11/2019 at 1:58 AM, tj_PE said:

@csb I just stood up so fast on the plane and I'm thinking of you ❤️

Did the person in the middle seat duck?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Supe said:

Did the person in the middle seat duck?

unfortunately, i was in an aisle seat. short flight late at night, i want to gtfo that plane. landed at midnight which is like 3 hours past my bedtime! 😮 

• Sad 1

@Supe I know, I know. I'll do better next time.

• Like 1

I had to connect in Dallas on Friday and I had about 6 minutes to make that happen, thanks to a delay. I stood up from my aisle seat the minute I could and kind of inched my way forward, but I still felt awful. 

On 1/11/2019 at 7:56 AM, JayKay0914 said:

I'm trying to use YNAB...and it's making me sad when I realize how much I've spent on vacation these past two months.  😦

memories are worth every penny!

2 minutes ago, csb said:

I had to connect in Dallas on Friday and I had about 6 minutes to make that happen, thanks to a delay. I stood up from my aisle seat the minute I could and kind of inched my way forward, but I still felt awful. 

did you make the (or any) connection? ;) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tj_PE said:

memories are worth every penny!

MEMORIES ARE WORTH NOTHING!  *throws memories of galloping on the beaches of Ireland into trash*  THIS DOES NOT PAY FOR MY CHIPOTLE TODAY.  😣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, csb said:

Luckily for you, literally 0 flights per day out of DFW take off on time.

I hate American Airlines and DFW, if you couldn't tell.

43 minutes ago, wilheldp_PE said:

Luckily for you, literally 0 flights per day out of DFW take off on time.

I hate American Airlines and DFW, if you couldn't tell.

That's why I fly DAL and Southwest! 

I made my flight. I flat hustled across that airport and arrived as they had A group lined up and ready to roll. 

what % of SW passengers do you think pay for priority boarding? I have checked in right at the 24 hour window and rarely get  anything better than B -end of the cattle carrier..

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

what % of SW passengers do you thin pay for priority boarding? I have checked in right at the 24 hour window and rarely get  anything better than B -end of the cattle carrier..

IIRC the first 15 A numbers are reserved for business class.  The rest either pay or are beating you to the 24hour log in.  I've sat at the site hitting refresh to get in early for the 24 hr check-in and have made it into the A's but typically 30s or higher.  That always works for me so I'm not inclined to pay at all.  I think either people are frequent fliers or the company is paying for the business class.  I think only a small percentage pay just for the priority boarding.

14 hours ago, MA_PE said:

IIRC the first 15 A numbers are reserved for business class.  The rest either pay or are beating you to the 24hour log in.  I've sat at the site hitting refresh to get in early for the 24 hr check-in and have made it into the A's but typically 30s or higher.  That always works for me so I'm not inclined to pay at all.  I think either people are frequent fliers or the company is paying for the business class.  I think only a small percentage pay just for the priority boarding.

I'm actually paying for it on my next flight because I'm horrible about checking myself in 24-hours beforehand to get a spot (I've been recently flying JetBlue, due to it being easier to get to from JFK, but SW seems to be the only carrier flying to a place I'm going on the day I want to go).  SW is a little trickier for me since it only flies from LGA (third-world country airport...) or MacArthur (which charges another $150+ per ticket because it's not near NYC), so I haven't been using it as much?  To tell the truth, I really don't care when I get on a flight, since most of the time I just have my backpack/am traveling alone, but I like having a window seat because I fall asleep immediately when I sit down.  Jetblue I can just pay for my bigger seat, not because I need it, but because it maximizes my sleep time on the plane. 

18 hours ago, Road Guy said:

what % of SW passengers do you think pay for priority boarding? I have checked in right at the 24 hour window and rarely get  anything better than B -end of the cattle carrier..

I used to always get sub-30 A's, til they reserved 1-15 and did early bird or whatever. I paid for early bird once because it was a long flight, and I still only got low B's. Now, if it's a long flight and I'm feeling fancy, I'll upgrade to A1-15 for $40 at the gate. 

I didn't even know they had a business class on SW!

We even have the SW Credit Card but you have to have a shit ton (metric shit ton) of points to get the priority boarding - we don't fly much so its not a big issue - but when I do I am always F5'ing like a MF'er 5 minutes out and nadda...

• Haha 1

I've got DDs.   My most recent flight had me in A, but neither flight was very full. I've used early bird when I won't remember to check-in, like for a return flight from vacation and one time ended up in B with early bird. I feel like I get A more often than not with SW. Last Friday I ended up checking in a little over an hour before my flight, because of the flight change, and still got B, which made me wonder how many people don't check-in at all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One day I will have enough money to just fly delta and not play the SW game! :D

• fudgey 1