True or False - A soda is included in the $5.99 Lunch Special price?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless it states the drink is included I would not assume anything. I can't read the fine print at the bottom of the sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the pictures of the pepsi are definitely misleading saying buffet now serving pepsI!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think we need to talk about this whole idea of having a carbonated beverage with general tso's cat!!

Okay, so you guys guessed it - no drink included in the advertised price.  And I figured as such going in that a drink would very likely not be included.  But, how misleading is that?  What the F is the point of showing the Pepsi logo, stating that they proudly pour Pepsi, and showing an ice-cold sweating fizzing Pepsi in the same banner that states the Lunch Special is $5.99????  Nowhere in any of the fine print does it state a drink is not included or that a drink is an extra cost.  So, the Lunch Special Banner doesn't show a picture of what is included, but it shows a picture of what is not included.  Makes perfect sense! 
default_wacko.png

To be fair, usually the banners are free from PepsiCo. The business gets the banner for free, Pepsi gets some advertising space. 

To be fair, usually the banners are free from PepsiCo. The business gets the banner for free, Pepsi gets some advertising space. 
Agreed but I don't see how this is an excuse for confusing at best / false at worse advertising.  I think at a minimum, there should be a message that a drink is not included. 

Maybe I can send this in to Consumer Reports for their Selling It page.  :D  

Back