EET Surveying Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandgphi

Reaction score
Can anyone who took the EET review course this year comment on how prepared they felt for the actual exam? Whether that was the Spring or Fall exam. I took EET’s seismic class and felt that they knocked it out of the park with preparing me but at this late hour I don’t feel quite as confident about the surveying class.

HI gandghpi, I have already passed the surveying exam but I have been wondering about this too. I believe EET just came out with the surveying course on the April 2017 cycle so I'm also curious if it's up to par with Dr. Ibrahim's outstanding seismic class. If this helps, I just wrote a review on my blog about the surveying course I took (CPESR) if you want to compare EET to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
EET's popularity grew basically out of nothing but word of mouth.  Particularly their CA-Seismic class but their 8-hr and SE offerings as well.  I have no doubt the same will happen with their new(ish) CA-Survey class.  

I just took the survey exam yesterday and I feel that the EET surveying course was a great resource for the exam. If I don't pass the exam I only have myself to blame for not studying enough, but I feel like every question on the exam was covered by the course one way or the other. 

EET's On-Demand Surveying course is a wonderful course for those that don't deal with the world of survey on a day-to-day basis. I'd have to agree with the post above. Most of the questions that came up on the exam were covered on the actual survey exam. Here's my short review and personal timeline of the EET Surveying Course:

Received the EET binder in June and started the material at the 3rd week of July.

Went straight and worked through all the problems, reviewed the examples, and watched lectures from all chapters

Finished in about 5 weeks. I probably spent about 1.5 chapters a day. Then I had to switch gears and focus on Seismic. I registered for Hiner's Seismic Review Class and focused 100% of my time on Seismic until my Seismic exam on 10/19. Then opened up Survey material again from 10/21, (at this point I had about 2.5 weeks until Survey exam on 11/8). 

Re-reviewed most of the problems, solved mainly the chapters covered per exam specs, (mainly azimuths, bearings, traverses, VC, HC). Then solved all four (4) of the EET practice exams twice. I was scoring about 65-85% the second time (without trying to remember what the correct answer was)

I think this course prepared me to the best I could.. I'm confident enough that I solved about 30/55 questions well enough, and probably blindly guessed about 15. The other 10 questions are 50 50 at best. Hopefully this is enough to pass. There were a lot more easier questions on the exam than I expected. But just as many challenging and lengthy ones that either I spent too much time on OR I knew to guess and come back at the end if time permits (which it didn't).

Passed seismic first try using EET.  Followed EET's schedule.  Did 4 practice exams prior to taking the test, scored 70%+ on all of them.

On the actual exam, I was able to finish all but 7 or so that i randomly guessed.  Walked out knowing I passed.  

I failed both CA exams in April after self studying. Then I took EET’s seismic and surveying class and passed this last round. For seismic I felt overly prepared, which was great. Surveying was a little different. I followed their study outline but still left feeling like it was a toss up. I’m sure their surveying class will only get better since it’s new but I did feel it was lacking. Especially when compared to the seismic class 

How soon after paying and enrolling in a review class will you get your notes/binders and how soon can you start watching on demand lectures? 

I just took the survey exam yesterday and I feel that the EET surveying course was a great resource for the exam. If I don't pass the exam I only have myself to blame for not studying enough, but I feel like every question on the exam was covered by the course one way or the other. 
Im thinking of taking their course. Did you pass?

Great thanks!!

For those considering this course, I'd highly suggest you try a different one. I have been very disappointed with the quality of the EET Survey course, multiple typos in the workbook, poorly organized workbook.  The course overall feels disjointed.  Also, the workbook is dated December 2017, so it doesn't follow the new January 2018 test plan.

For those considering this course, I'd highly suggest you try a different one. I have been very disappointed with the quality of the EET Survey course, multiple typos in the workbook, poorly organized workbook.  The course overall feels disjointed.  Also, the workbook is dated December 2017, so it doesn't follow the new January 2018 test plan.
Did you take the webinar version or on-demand? Webinar should be accurate for the latest format while on demand would be the recordings from the Fall class. When I took the webinar version for Construction,  they even made revisions during the course and uploaded the new slides for us to print and add to our binder. 

There is only one option for surveying course: On demand. All documents and recordings come from 2017.

After taking Breadth, Depth and Seismic with EET and having an outstanding experience (all passed in the first try), I am currently studying for the surveying exam. I kind of sadly have to agree with @drewdawg199 on this. The surveying course is not YET up to the EET level in the other different disciplines, it is a work in progress I guess but with a lot of stuff to improve. Having three different teachers make it kind of hard for them to put everything together in a well organize manner (sometimes they repeat the same information or give you different formulas to solve the same problems which makes it tricky). Another thing I hate is that they do not provide the solutions of the problems at the end of the book you need to get online and get through all the questions for each chapter to find the needed solutions, they dont provide you with the hardcopy of the CBT exams neiter...

All in all, I am kind of dissapointed, (it might be also because I am studying for surveying after studying the seismic with Dr. Ibrahim which course was superb) but I do think that they just need to polish the course here and there to make it great. I feel that they provide the needed information and explanation that you need to pass the exam, they just need to organize it a little better.

I will let you guys know after I take the actual exam by the end of June.

I just took the surveying exam on Saturday after having completed the EET course, and I believe I passed. For what it's worth, I also took EET for depth (WRE), breadth, AND seismic. Yes, EET has a lot of my money. I agree with @pimelu that the course was not as well organized as the other EET courses and it felt more disjointed. HOWEVER I think that the CBT exams they offer are very good and that they mimic the actual exam pretty much perfectly. I do also think think that the course covers all the content, even if the chapters are organized a bit strangely. So despite the way the content is organized I still recommend this course, as all the practice problems and the practice exams are invaluable.

EET's On-Demand Surveying course is a wonderful course for those that don't deal with the world of survey on a day-to-day basis. I'd have to agree with the post above. Most of the questions that came up on the exam were covered on the actual survey exam. Here's my short review and personal timeline of the EET Surveying Course:

Received the EET binder in June and started the material at the 3rd week of July.

Went straight and worked through all the problems, reviewed the examples, and watched lectures from all chapters

Finished in about 5 weeks. I probably spent about 1.5 chapters a day. Then I had to switch gears and focus on Seismic. I registered for Hiner's Seismic Review Class and focused 100% of my time on Seismic until my Seismic exam on 10/19. Then opened up Survey material again from 10/21, (at this point I had about 2.5 weeks until Survey exam on 11/8). 

Re-reviewed most of the problems, solved mainly the chapters covered per exam specs, (mainly azimuths, bearings, traverses, VC, HC). Then solved all four (4) of the EET practice exams twice. I was scoring about 65-85% the second time (without trying to remember what the correct answer was)

I think this course prepared me to the best I could.. I'm confident enough that I solved about 30/55 questions well enough, and probably blindly guessed about 15. The other 10 questions are 50 50 at best. Hopefully this is enough to pass. There were a lot more easier questions on the exam than I expected. But just as many challenging and lengthy ones that either I spent too much time on OR I knew to guess and come back at the end if time permits (which it didn't).
Did you pass? 

I just took the surveying exam and it was harder than I expected. The EET Surveying material covered a lot but the practice questions seemed simpler. When I took the EET practice exams, I felt more exhausted at the end because there were so many math questions. On the other hand, the real exam had more abstract/definition questions than I realized...

I ended up getting approximately 70-90% correct on the EET practice exams and felt somewhat confident that I would do fine on the real exam. However, when I took the real exam, I felt unsure about 20 of the questions with some where I had no clue where to start! I don't know if I will even pass. I'll find out next month...

I think the surveying course is good for understanding the basics. For me, I felt like I definitely needed more practice exams (like Reza's) to supplement this EET course.

I just took the surveying exam and it was harder than I expected. The EET Surveying material covered a lot but the practice questions seemed simpler. When I took the EET practice exams, I felt more exhausted at the end because there were so many math questions. On the other hand, the real exam had more abstract/definition questions than I realized...

I ended up getting approximately 70-90% correct on the EET practice exams and felt somewhat confident that I would do fine on the real exam. However, when I took the real exam, I felt unsure about 20 of the questions with some where I had no clue where to start! I don't know if I will even pass. I'll find out next month...

I think the surveying course is good for understanding the basics. For me, I felt like I definitely needed more practice exams (like Reza's) to supplement this EET course.
Can you share how much time you spent preparing etc. and any suggestions you would like to give. Thanks.

Back