Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
aprego

PTOE Results

Has anyone taken the PTOE exam in the last couple of years?

I just took it in October 2017 and was wonder how long it usually takes for results to come back.

It took four weeks to get results this time around. Not too bad.

Best part is, I passed!

• Like 1

Go for it if you can!

My advice is to take it before you get too far away from doing hard core design and analysis work yourself. In my opinion it is really hard to study for and most of the answers come from direct experience, much more so than the PE, so you need to really be in the weeds on a daily basis.

There just is not a lot of directly study related material besides the ITE Power Point Review course and the 50 sample questions.  If I did not pass this time around I would have really struggled finding review material. For the PE there is a ton of sample questions and review books. I guess just reading ITE Handbooks cover to cover would help but that's a tough way to study.

On 12/23/2017 at 1:33 PM, aprego said:

Go for it if you can!

My advice is to take it before you get too far away from doing hard core design and analysis work yourself. In my opinion it is really hard to study for and most of the answers come from direct experience, much more so than the PE, so you need to really be in the weeds on a daily basis.

There just is not a lot of directly study related material besides the ITE Power Point Review course and the 50 sample questions.  If I did not pass this time around I would have really struggled finding review material. For the PE there is a ton of sample questions and review books. I guess just reading ITE Handbooks cover to cover would help but that's a tough way to study.

Not idea if this is appropriate to ask here but still, is it ok you can sell the ITE PPT to me?! 

Hi@aprego Can you share how you prepared? How long did it take for you to prepare, etc? I heard it is not open book, so did you have to memorize a lot of stuff?