Accommodations Question - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Kyle In WA

Accommodations Question

Just took the PE Civil in Transportation for the first time. I didn't study as much as I should have, might still have a shot I passed, but that is related to my question. 

I have arthritis and sitting more than 45 minutes KILLS my hips. I am an idiot and thought I could just deal with it for a day. Surprise, surprise, I couldn't and I think that alone may have cost me passing with leaving around 50 minutes early each session because I was squirming in pain. I left around 8 questions (plus some pure clueless ones) to guessing that I feel I probably could have worked out with time. If I requested a sitting OR standing station (the option to do both at any given time) do you think that would be granted? I'm definitely making the request if I have to retake, but I was just curious if anyone has experience with accommodation requests.

Thanks.

You will very likely need a doctor's note verifying your condition and recommending a change in working posture in order to be accommodated. If you have a history of accommodation at school/work, it will help in rendering a decision for accommodation in your favor.

I'm sorry to hear that your condition impeded your ability to perform on the exam. Hope you managed to pass anyway, but if think you did not, I would recommend that you see your primary care physician NOW, as these things can take time.