October 2017 Transportation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AM (breadth) was tough. Did not expect *many* of the questions based on some of the past practice exams (2000, 2008, 2011, 2014). By comparison, PM (depth) seemed reasonable, although still quite difficult.

First time...

I felt the exam was difficult. 

The afternoon had many Roadside Design Problems which I only happen to take certain pages of the reference, so I guess that's my bad! But still, I feel the test hard. Waiting for the results anxiously... 

This is my 3rd time taking the exam and i felt this was by far the hardest one. The morning has rough and had more theoretical problems than i prepared for. The afternoon wasn't as tough design wise as previously and had more "look up" problems from the manuals. I studied 3 different NCEES practice tests and none of them were like the exam i just took. 

I think the morning session was around average to a little better than average. Missed 3 or so theory questions and atleast 1-2 problems. So I am looking at potential 29 score if I didn't miss any others. 

Afternoon session was OK. Yeah road side guide and mutcd questions also.  Guessed on 4 I think and not sure about another 4-5.. so a potential 28 or so in the afternoon .. may just pass it... I hope ..

I just hope they throw out a couple of questions in the morning session especially the transportation questions.. that way we can score on them and up our percentage .. 

The morning was not too difficult for me. I had trouble with about 4-5 problems.

The PM on the other hand was a different story. I am not familiar with Pavement so I had to make an educated guess on a couple, and the reference dependent problems were really time consuming for the allotted time.

I hope the AM portion holds me up for some of those "tricky" PM questions. I am cautiously optimistic right now, good luck to everyone!

Hey guys, I just want to remind you that NCEES trolls this board after the test. While I don't think any of you have crossed that line yet, you're probably getting close. 

Don't end up like the guy in the pinned post.

it was alright....AM tough, PM better.....I do have a question if they cancel a question because many people did it wrong; what happens with the people that did it right; will they lose the credit for it?

Please advise

Thanks

Hey guys, I just want to remind you that NCEES trolls this board after the test. While I don't think any of you have crossed that line yet, you're probably getting close. 

Don't end up like the guy in the pinned post.
Thanks for the advice...I had no idea discussion as vague as that was borderline... I have edited my post accordingly.

Can you point me in the direction of the pinned post you were talking about?

Thanks!

So who in this thread had their results invalidated after this discussion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I passed. Guess it’s just the noob in me freaked out about what JohnQPE said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back