Release Date - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
cal91

Release Date

The paper Prometric gave me after I took the exams reads "The board will post the release date of the examination results online at: www.bpelsg.ca.gov"

Is this giving the release date new? I thought the release date always anyone's best guess, not a known date to wait for. I'm wondering if we'll get our results before NCEES releases the PE exam results now that the exam is decoupled?

I'm not following you.  How is "The board will post the release date of the examination results online at: www.bpelsg.ca.gov" providing you with a known release date? 

But, yes, you should be getting your state exam results before NCEES releases the national results.  It's been that way for a year or so as far as I know. 

The statement does not say "The board will post examination results". They say "They board will post the release date of the examination results".

So at some date prior to actually releasing results, they are going to tell us exactly what date we fill get our results.

Hypothetical Example: 

November 13th the board releases the following statement: "The examination results will be released December 4th".

I guess in the end it doesn't matter. I'll find out when I find out. I just hate being patient is all.

1 hour ago, ptatohed said:

But, yes, you should be getting your state exam results before NCEES releases the national results.  It's been that way for a year or so as far as I know. 

I disagree. In the three test cycles (April 2016, October 2016, and April 2017) I took the PE exam (the first two involved the state exams), all state exam results came after CA had released the national PE exam results.

1 hour ago, cal91 said:

The statement does not say "The board will post examination results". They say "They board will post the release date of the examination results".

So at some date prior to actually releasing results, they are going to tell us exactly what date we fill get our results.

Hypothetical Example: 

November 13th the board releases the following statement: "The examination results will be released December 4th".

I guess in the end it doesn't matter. I'll find out when I find out. I just hate being patient is all.

I think what that might mean is that the board will post when the results have been released. That's, at least, what I have seen in the past. Perhaps it has changed. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cal91 said:

Hypothetical Example: 

I see what you are saying.  I guess it depends how much in advance of the release date they list the upcoming release date as to how useful it is. 

1 hour ago, leggo PE said:

I disagree. In the three test cycles (April 2016, October 2016, and April 2017) I took the PE exam (the first two involved the state exams), all state exam results came after CA had released the national PE exam results.

You'd know better than me but I thought what I read from others on here is that the Board stopped waiting for the National results to be distributed before distributing the state results (something they used to always do). 

37 minutes ago, ptatohed said:

You'd know better than me but I thought what I read from others on here is that the Board stopped waiting for the National results to be distributed before distributing the state results (something they used to always do). 

I think this might be the case starting next exam cycle, but as of October 2016, they were still linked as the seismic and surveying results were released to you via a locked pdf (password provided in a separate email) that has a little table listing the four examinations (NCEES PE exam, CA seismic, CA surveying, and take home ethics exam) and what your "current status" (achieved vs. pending) was.

This couldn't be filled out properly until the board had released the PE exam results. In the two times I dealt with this, I believe the results of the state exams came a day (or maybe two) after the PE exam.

Again, I predict this will change at least starting next exam cycle, as the state exams will no longer be tied to the same time period the PE exam is offered.

The link between national exam results and California state exam results was officially severed with the release of the Spring 2017 exam results.  The results and the release date is now entirely independent of the other process.

The Board posts the date for releasing the results as a way to inform everyone that results were released to the candidates.  Sometimes, candidates don't receive the results (by email) for a variety of reasons and this is a blanket way for making sure everyone that cares, knows.  If email results are returned undeliverable, then results are mailed the old-fashioned way.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:37 PM, CAPLS said:

The link between national exam results and California state exam results was officially severed with the release of the Spring 2017 exam results.  The results and the release date is now entirely independent of the other process.

The Board posts the date for releasing the results as a way to inform everyone that results were released to the candidates.  Sometimes, candidates don't receive the results (by email) for a variety of reasons and this is a blanket way for making sure everyone that cares, knows.  If email results are returned undeliverable, then results are mailed the old-fashioned way.

Does this suggest that the results of the California specific exams would be released prior to the national exam results? (Assuming that the state specific are graded quicker due to the fact they are administered electronically.)

2 hours ago, Abhatia117 said:

Does this suggest that the results of the California specific exams would be released prior to the national exam results? (Assuming that the state specific are graded quicker due to the fact they are administered electronically.)

You would think so, but in April the results were released the same day as the national exam. "Decoupled" or not I'm guessing the same will happen this time around.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:54 AM, Abhatia117 said:

it could be before or after.  Completely independent release.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, cal91 said:

You would think so, but in April the results were released the same day as the national exam. "Decoupled" or not I'm guessing the same will happen this time around.

see above

Received this e-mail from the Board at 9:55am this morning.  It does say that the state exams are not available yet (but I suspect we're close).  :) 

Results from the October 2017 NCEES engineering examinations will be released on
December 4, 2017. Candidates should check their email for the message from NCEES. The
results from the ASBOG geology and the California state-specific engineering, surveying,
geology, and geophysics examinations are not yet available. The California Board for
Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists will update this mailing list and
its website at http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov when they are released.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ppxia said:

anyone had any updates about the release date?

Yep, it is sure to happen by the end of the week. 

If not, then by the end of next week.

Just now, Ble_PE said:

Yep, it is sure to happen by the end of the week. 

If not, then by the end of next week.

from which source did you learn this?

11 minutes ago, ppxia said:

from which source did you learn this?

Nobody, it's just a guess. We won't know until they're posted and CA updates their website.

CA has emailed the results for the CA state Land Surveyors exam out per their website, so that means we still have no idea when they will release the Seismic and Surveying results. 

:P 

• Haha 1

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Not sure if you guys have passed all three exams but the way I found out I passed that final Seismic hurdle is I found my name in the state License database (before I received my passing results).  I want to say this was mid-late December (2012).  

12 hours ago, ptatohed said:

Not sure if you guys have passed all three exams but the way I found out I passed that final Seismic hurdle is I found my name in the state License database (before I received my passing results).  I want to say this was mid-late December (2012).  

I'm not sure the database is still an accurate way to check, what with the decoupling of everything, and the soon to be year-round testing for seismic and surveying.

I wish I could be an example here, but I passed the state exams before I passed the national. I had to email the Board a form letting them know I'd passed the PE exam, and shortly after I did that, I got an email confirmation saying they had received the form and I would get my license by the end of the next month. I got it maybe a week after that; the whole process of getting my license took only a few weeks after getting the PE exam results. Anyway, that's a little bit off-topic.

• Like 1

FYI, finally got an email for Seismic saying:

"You will receive your exam results via email with an attached PASSWORD PROTECTED document within the next 24 hours."

I'm assuming that means results will be coming soon for most people. Hopefully for Surveying as well.