Accidentally bought the 2017 NEC....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebard

Reaction score
I bought the 2017 NEC Handbook, thinking it was over that, but apparently it is the 2014 being used on the exam.

I do have a 2014 version (code book, not handbook) as well, but unfortunately I had all of my page references on a lookup sheet for the 2017. Luckily the code references are also there. I guess do I just try to use the 2014?

Google what the changes are. if they are minimal, then print it out and carry it with you. 

Does it really make so much of difference. I suppose things do not change much. 

Does it really make so much of difference. I suppose things do not change much. 
some verbiage might have changed. If you have the handbook, then the highlighted areas are what was added/changed.

some verbiage might have changed. If you have the handbook, then the highlighted areas are what was added/changed.
I have the Code book 2011. I have pdf of 2014 now, but it seems I am okay with the one I practiced with, that is NEC 2011. Anyways I am not expecting that kind of question which is that specific as the changes in these versions. I expect more of a Engineering question then a technician question.

what's the big deal? bring both, especially if you have notes on the 2017 version. Does your state not allow multiple versions of the book?

I do remember certain tables being removed in the 2017 (actually, just one that i came across) but i don't remember the questions asking any specific requirement or concept. It was all number crunching and table lookups from what i remember.

Back