Engineer Boards
​ ​
tj_PE

Travel!! Where are you headed; Where do you want to go? Where have you been?

Charleston is a neat little town to visit but sure as F wouldn't want to live there!

(So no visit to the USS Yorktown? - That version was built like 98% by women btw)

photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
3 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

Charleston is a neat little town to visit but sure as F wouldn't want to live there!

(So no visit to the USS Yorktown? - That version was built like 98% by women btw)

No time, unfortunately. Mostly spent our time eating, drinking, and catching up with each other, spread amongst some more standard bachelorette party activities. ;)

I hadn't seen the bride in person in about three years (when I left the east coast), and my other friend, I last saw 1.5 years ago. And the two other girls, only one of which I'd met only once (probably 4-5 years ago), and the other was her sister, whom I'd never met but had heard so much about!

I'd like to go back and see a bit more of the historical aspect of things. I do agree, I'd never want to live there, if only for the humidity! But the water was so warm...

Good deal, Leggo!  Charleston is definitely an easy place to over eat on good food.  

Leaving for Las Vegas today for the NSPE conference, then up to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on Saturday, then up to Bryce Canyon for a couple days.  Not looking forward to the Vegas temperatures (high 109 today with a low of 90 overnight), but this is our first full week away from home in about 1.5 years.

• Like 5

Me: I want to travel.

Bank Account: "Like, to work?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today I travelled to Pueblo, CO then to Greeley, then back to Denver - #Fuckingtired...

@kevo_55 I have what might be a dumb question but having been elsewhere in Asia I'm wondering, should I bring a face mask (N95/N99) to Taiwan?

I wouldn't worry about that.

People wear the cheap 3M kinds all of the time. It's a combination of scooter smog protection and people who are sick and don't want to get others sick.

I never wore those when I've been in Taiwan. I've survived going there 16 times and I'm just fine.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kevo_55 said:

I wouldn't worry about that.

People wear the cheap 3M kinds all of the time. It's a combination of scooter smog protection and people who are sick and don't want to get others sick.

I never wore those when I've been in Taiwan. I've survived going there 16 times and I'm just fine.

Image result for tic gif

• fudgey 1

Off to Burlington VT tomorrow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevo_55 said:

and I'm just fine. 

...is that what the voices in your head tell you? :rotflmao:

Thanks! I'll skip it, then.

Only engineers get my dry humor.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, P-E said:

Off to Burlington VT tomorrow. 

Nice! what brings you to Burlington?

32 minutes ago, ME_VT said:

Nice! what brings you to Burlington?

Beer of course

4 hours ago, P-E said:

Beer of course

Nice. I helped with the design of the new Lawsons Brewery in Warren.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ME_VT said:

Nice. I helped with the design of the new Lawsons Brewery in Warren.

I'll be going to Foam first. 

Heading to Rapid City, SD today- I know you are all jelly!

Heading to Saratoga Springs tomorrow. Bachelorette weekend! (Not mine)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, leggo PE said:

Heading to Saratoga Springs tomorrow. Bachelorette weekend! (Not mine)

Drove by there Saturday.   Used to go there for the bar scene in college.  

In Stowe VT today.  Having a upper pass cloud drop and hill farmstead Abner on deck

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 4:36 PM, P-E said:

Drove by there Saturday.   Used to go there for the bar scene in college.  

In Stowe VT today.  Having a upper pass cloud drop and hill farmstead Abner on deck

I can see why you used to go there for the bar scene. Downtown was BUMPIN' thanks to race season! People everywhere!

Now I'm happy to not be getting on an airplane until early October, and sleeping in my own bed for multiple weeks at a time. Although, it's been fun to pretty directly compare American to Delta to JetBlue to Alaska Airlines over a two month timespan! I think I might like Alaska the best, though Delta did give us complimentary meals both eastbound and westbound on our cross country flights. Also, JetBlue was the only airline who actually got me to my destination early, which I remember them always being good at doing when I was flying with them consistently, connecting through JFK, when I was traveling home to CA from VT.

Anyone have experience living in Chicago??

On 9/15/2018 at 9:05 AM, vee043324 said:

Anyone have experience living in Chicago??

I lived in the burbs for a bit, and have many friends who live in the city. transit is easy, the summers are hot, the winters are cold, and the city is gorgeous. rent is cheap compared to the DC metro area, so you'll be good there!

• Thanks 1