Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
tj_PE

Travel!! Where are you headed; Where do you want to go? Where have you been?

33 minutes ago, blybrook PE said:

Nothin beats living in AK,

Umm...no....based on things I've heard from you and @Dleg, pretty much living anywhere else beats AK. :D

24 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

Umm...no....based on things I've heard from you and @Dleg, pretty much living anywhere else beats AK. :D

JAWScard47.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, knight1fox3 said:

It takes a tougher breed to live in the last frontier!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thejulie_PE said:

I did thailand/laos/cambodia in feb and would be happy to share our itinerary info if you want to a la carte pick and choose from it. it has links and contact info and prices! 

Sure. We usually don't venture outside of Thailand but this time we might try to check out some of the neighboring areas.

20 minutes ago, blybrook PE said:

It takes a tougher breed to live in the last frontier!

Whatever helps you sleep in sub-zero temperatures....

hsop.gif

13 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

Whatever helps you sleep in sub-zero temperatures....

hsop.gif

Says the guy who watches football games played on the "frozen tundra"...

• Haha 1

Let's see...I've been to Cape Cod, Southern NH, Providence RI, Albany, NY, Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods in CT, Montvale, NJ, geez the list goes on and on!

• Like 2

I'm going to the galapagos islands and machu picchu in may | SEA-JFK-UIO-GPS-LIM-CUZ-UIO-JFK-SEA 

and just got vaca approved for my fall euro trip getting "boujee" with my squad in the south of france | SEA-JFK-LHR-DUB-NCE-CDG-LHR-SEA 

if anyone has pro tips I'm super open for suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-sJp1FfG7Q

Edited by tj_PE

My in Laws wanted to take my kids there about 5 years ago - we declined but the in laws went anyways - looks like a good trip . But I didn't want "old people" responsible for the safety of my kids when they were younger in another country

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tj_PE said:

I'm going to the galapagos islands and machu picchu in may | SEA-JFK-UIO-GPS-LIM-CUZ-UIO-JFK-SEA 

and just got vaca approved for my fall euro trip getting "boujee" with my squad in the south of france | SEA-JFK-LHR-DUB-NCE-CDG-LHR-SEA 

if anyone has pro tips I'm super open for suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we did the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu with these guys, locally owned, amazing experience!  We chose Salkantay over the classic Inca trail because there is a 2000; decent on the second day on tall stone steps that will kill your knees.  Or mine anyway.  Plus, no people.  A few locals, some cowboys ferrying pack horses, and incredible sights.  I got a touch of altitude sickness sleeping at 13,500', but I was fine the next morning.

https://www.alpacaexpeditions.com/inca-trail-expedition-salkantay-7d6n/  we actually did a 5 day, looks like they have added itinerary

We stayed in Cusco to acclimate, really neat city and there were some kind of cultural/religious parades going on in the square every day. Here's a neat boutique hotel

http://www.rumipunku.com/en-gb

We took a taxi tour of Lima waiting for our connection back home, it was pretty forgettable.  And a little scary.

The Galapagos is our our wish list! Enjoy and report back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Machu Picchu is amazing! Mrs. Ble is Peruvian, so I've been to Peru several times and we made the trip to Machu Picchu and Cusco the first time I went down. I can't wait to go back and I plan on making the hike that @cement did with mini-ble1 when he's a few years older. What does your Peru itinerary look like exactly?

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:52 AM, knight1fox3 said:

Ha, we said the same thing. And there went year 12. LOL

Haha, I wanted to go to Italy for our 10th, but we are headed into 13.  Maybe 15?

• Haha 1

Visited Lima a few years back. We toured the catacombs. That was pretty interesting. Creepy yet interesting. 

Singapore. This is probably the best Airport in Asia. There are free to use comfy chairs and couches inside the airport where you can take a nap I think they call it snooze chairs. I used Uber to get me to places. I stayed at V Hotel Lavender and it's walking distance to Mcdonalds, Burger king, Subway, and Toast Box, and a place called Kopitiam, where you can get about $3 to $5 dollars lunch plate. Singapore is a lot like California and New York but no traffic. 

California. They have this Socal/Norcal Styles, vegan food, etc...

Philippines. This is by far the safest place in the world. We went to remote areas in Mindanao Philippines. We went to the Zoo, and they have different types of animals with M16 Rifles and AK47s. 

Florida. I Love Florida!

China. China Adores Trump.

Japan. Loved the sushi, egg roll, and other raw food they eat. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dean Agnostic said:

Japan. Loved the sushi, egg roll, and other raw food they eat. And that radiation fall-out is particular breath-taking. Literally.

Fixt. :thumbs:

• Haha 2

I don't have many plans for travel this year, unless it involves a wedding.

• Like 1

And to be clear, it won't be my wedding any of the times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2018 at 5:59 AM, Ble_PE said:

Machu Picchu is amazing! Mrs. Ble is Peruvian, so I've been to Peru several times and we made the trip to Machu Picchu and Cusco the first time I went down. I can't wait to go back and I plan on making the hike that @cement did with mini-ble1 when he's a few years older. What does your Peru itinerary look like exactly?

ughhhhhh peru is the most hectic. I convinced my mom to add MP to the galapagos itinerary so we fly GPS-UIO-LIM (sleep during 8h layover)-CUZ, train up to MP and do the afternoon shift (less people and maybe catch the sunset?), then hang out in aguas calientes for the night and AM - maybe hot springs, then PM train back to cuz, flying back to quito in the AM to spend 1.5 days doing equator and other random sight seeing and then head home.  any suggestions are definitely welcome! I need to find a local guide I guess, to get into MP? 

• Like 1

Holy cow that's a crazy side trip!  Do you get altitude sickness? Typically people take a day to acclimate to the elevation, but it will help that you aren't staying in Cusco because Machu Picchu is about 3000 feet lower. It's still almost 9000 feet above sea level though. I would go ahead and look into getting your tickets just to be safe, because I've heard that they've really cut down on how many tourists they are letting in to try to preserve it some. Aquas Calientes is a neat little town, so you should have some fun just hanging out there.  

Yeah I already got our tickets, and altitude and timing was the reasoning for going straight to MP. Hoping for the best! Haha. Just passing through nothing to see here! 

I also have a problem with not having very relaxing vacations lol 

• fudgey 1

Speaking of relaxing vacations, the Mrs. and I just booked a 5 night trip down to Playa del Carmen to stay in an all-inclusive resort. I'm looking forward to unlimited drinks and food and doing nothing all day except laying on the beach.

• Like 2

I can't do a "relaxing" vacation.  I'm a big time tourist.  I figure if I'm going to expend the time and money to travel somewhere then I want to see all the unique things to that place (like the world's largest ball of string or the museum of medical oddities, etc.).  A beach is a beach and MA has a nice coastline.  Hanging at the beach all day isn't my idea of a good time. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MA_PE said:

I can't do a "relaxing" vacation.  I'm a big time tourist.  I figure if I'm going to expend the time and money to travel somewhere then I want to see all the unique things to that place (like the world's largest ball of string or the museum of medical oddities, etc.).  A beach is a beach and MA has a nice coastline.  Hanging at the beach all day isn't my idea of a good time. 

same.

1 hour ago, MA_PE said:

I've always been a big tourist as well, but sometimes it's nice to just take time off and sit on your ass. I haven't had a vacation that allowed me to just sit and do nothing in probably 6 years, so I"m overdue. And I'm sorry @MA_PE, but a beach is not a beach when you've seen some of the ones I have...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1