Special Applications Print outs?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen2awesome

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone had some good links to print out for Special Applications portion?

Thanks,

Definitely print out a set of Interest Tables. They're generic, you can just google and find them. There's also a set in the appendix of the EERM. I would definitely tab that. If you don't know how to use them, it's a quick learn and will definitely save you some stress if an econ problem comes up. Know what to do with terms like "salvage value" and present vs. future value.

http://global.oup.com/us/companion.websites/9780199778126/pdf/Appendix_C_CITables.pdf is an example of one reference. I'd take a table for every %, but even then you should have a source that has the formulas written (usually plug n' chug, if a little difficult to enter in a calculator).

You may also want to have some references on basic probability in case a question for that comes up. Shouldn't be harder than a few breakers in series or parallel, they're not gonna go all-out on that in all likelihood.

Definitely tab the section on illumination, specifically lumen method and cavity ratios -- as far as I'm aware, they're the two most likely things to come up in that category. Lumen method is simple, and cavity ratio is a little more complex but follows a rote formula that you can find in this link: http://aesl.hanyang.ac.kr/class/are141/zonal cavity ratio method.pdf

This has been the section where minimum questions have been discussed at this forum. Thanks Bonsai. What about other topics there like Energy management,

Maybe this will help someone in April 2018.

Energy management info.  I have a copy of that if needed.  Just PM me your email. 

ANSI device numbers.  Wikipedia has a full list of these.

Power electronic circuit diagrams. I also have info on this.

Power factor correction tables.  That's included in my energy management info.

Maybe this will help someone in April 2018.

Energy management info.  I have a copy of that if needed.  Just PM me your email. 

ANSI device numbers.  Wikipedia has a full list of these.

Power electronic circuit diagrams. I also have info on this.

Power factor correction tables.  That's included in my energy management info.
Good afternoon, could you please send me the energy management info? [email protected].  I appreciate it.

Back