Not Enough Time!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McDeeee

Reaction score
Just took the seismic exam and that 2.5hrs is just a joke. Barely finished half of them before I had to guess on the rest. I studies my butt off and know the subject, but that time is a killer!

Home I got lucky guessing “B” on 25 of the questions. 😣😥😥

Just took the seismic exam and that 2.5hrs is just a joke. Barely finished half of them before I had to guess on the rest. I studies my butt off and know the subject, but that time is a killer!

took me a while figure out you meant "hope" lol

yeah, the time crunch really is pretty ridiculous. In the real world, you don't exactly have a time limit on when you finish your work. So cramming in really long questions to "test" one's knowledge is illogical.

so is asking a definition question on a very specific item when you have google to help in the real world

I agree with you that time is really the number one enemy for the state exams.  But, you knew this going into it.  And you had the same time that everyone else has.  It is obviously doable.  You can do it.  It sounds like perhaps you may not have 1.) Taken timed practice exams and/or 2.) Strategically managed your time during the exam?  Learn from this and you will get it next time!  :nod:  

Ptatohed..... That's the thing. I did 1 & 2 as you say. Even on the multiple practice tests I completed it was still a time crunch and I was lucky to score 50% accounting for guesses. I guess it's falling on deaf ears and I doubt the state board listens in here, but...... but...... I digress.... :-(

Ptatohed..... That's the thing. I did 1 & 2 as you say. Even on the multiple practice tests I completed it was still a time crunch and I was lucky to score 50% accounting for guesses. I guess it's falling on deaf ears and I doubt the state board listens in here, but...... but...... I digress.... :-(
If you didn't get it this time, you'll get it next time.  ;)  

You can do it! And for all you know, you may have already done it.

I agree with ptatohed, the speed at which one must complete questions is the #1 hardest part about the state exams. Based on the limited information you provided about the practice tests you took while studying, it sounds like you may need to work on just getting a bit faster at studying problems if you didn't pass this time.

But that being said, don't count yourself out until you've gotten your results! And then, if your results don't come back as you'd like, try, try again! You will be successful.

Yes, it is a time management situation, but a 14% increase in average pass rate for the seismic exam in the last five years since it went CBT doesn't support it is not sufficient

I just took it today. It was more challenging than any other practice exams I took but didn't think any of the individual questions were that difficult and I was able to finish with just a few minutes left. I did put a LOT of time into studying though. 

Do you know when they will post the results?

Back