Addendum to NDS 2012

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I noticed there is an addendum to the Southern Pine reference design values of Table 4B in the NDS 2012 Supplement: http://www.awc.org/pdf/codes-standards/publications/updates-errata/AWC-NDS2012-Supplement-Addendum-1303.pdf. Anyone have any idea if we are responsible for these updated values or the ones in the original NDS 2012? There are quite a few values that have been changed.

I emailed NCEES about this, but their response was pretty vague:

"Bring any addenda that are available for the editions listed in the current PE Civil Structural design standards posted in the NCEES website.
All reference materials must be bound and remain bound during the exam. Refer to the NCEES Examinee Guide for more information: http://ncees.org/exams/examinee-guide/
Use the given data, assumptions, and codes (if any), and answer the question to the best of your ability.
During the exam, if you encounter an issue in terms of ambiguity or validity of the question, please provide to us feedback within 10 days from the date of the exam via your MyNCEES account. Provide sufficient information for reviewers to fully understand your concerns. NCEES reviews all examinee comments, and the subject-matter experts consider comments about specific exam questions. If the reviews confirm an error in a question, credit may be given for more than one answer. Any resulting changes are applied to all examinees."

Thoughts?

Definitely bring the addenda. The values for southern pine changed a lot, I believe. I actually just brought the 2015 NDS this past spring, even though it said to bring the 2012 NDS at the time. I didn't run into any issues that I'm aware of. If the codes listed on NCEES's website still say to bring the 2012 NDS, most definitely bring the addenda!

Wow, yeah, just noticed there are a few more since then. Thanks for the feedback guys, think I will be printing the rest of those off just to be on the safe side. Good luck to those of you taking the exam tomorrow!

Back