Engineer Boards
PPI
Sign in to follow this  
leggo PE

Bagels

My favorite bagel is the Asiago cheese from panera.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

I can find it ;)

Just so long as you don't say "we can't accept them" like the Aholes at FHWA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good gosh. No wonder they get jumpy when people start giving away free stuff: https://www.oge.gov/Web/OGE.nsf/Resources/Gifts+from+Outside+Sources

Luckily, we're a lesser form of government. 

typically on "engineers week" we drop off either popcorn or breakfast for local clients, the only people that refused it were the Fed's

Its kind of silly IMO- we have feds that attend weekly construction meetings and there are always donuts/ bagels /butter / etc and they always grab one (or TWO) - so I don't really see any difference..

But I do have to say when I was on the other side of the table (giving out work) I rarely went to lunch and breakfasts with vendors - mainly because lunch was and is the only free time of my life but also it did just make life easier (for me)

• Like 1

I miss working at an architecture firm where people brought lunch/treats/HILTI branded beanies and pocket knives. I would go to the "AIA" (read: product) lunch and get free lunch and a credit for CEU

I actually read that as "A1A." BEACHFRONT AVENUE! 

Image result for a1a vanilla ice

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Best bagels are hands down in NYC.

But back on topic, HILTI gives us free fasteners. I may have used a few of them around the house.

• Like 3

I brought 4 dozen Krispy Kremes to a contractor / city meeting this morning and they were devoured in about 45 seconds..

Tony Horton says bagels are bad. Therefore I do not eat bagels. :thumbs:
As much as I don't want to agree with him, he's right here. Bagels are bad. They did this to Barbie: b9d319835af0e50fa95785575ce7863c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I agree about the best bagels being found in NYC. The best bagels I've found out here are made by a Jewish delicatessen, which to me, makes sense. The best bagel I've ever had was from a Jewish delicatessen in NYC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevo_55 said:

But back on topic, HILTI gives us free fasteners. I may have used a few of them around the house.

probably one of the top three things I miss about my temporary repositioning in the NYC office. Bagel cart right at the corner. every. morning. little old man. he was adorable. the nasty pretzels and hotdogs, not so much.

1 hour ago, kevo_55 said:

I was shopping at a salvage store a couple days ago (because I may/may not have a salvage problem) and the metal cases I was looking at and ended up buying - one was red and said HILTI on it and I almost felt like i had to get that one because #enginerd but ultimately decided against it. They're like briefcase sized toolbox things with divider trays for I believe fasteners or something similar inside. Anyway, I can't find my hilti pocket knife and it makes me sad every day. 

59 minutes ago, NJmike PE said:

As much as I don't want to agree with him, he's right here. Bagels are bad. They did this to Barbie: b9d319835af0e50fa95785575ce7863c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Um, Carbie looks ready to party. She's the girl who has us doing shots before 6PM. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 10/5/2017 at 5:13 PM, csb said:

Was he cute?

Glistening and covered in strudel.

• Like 1

1. Blueberry bagel with regular Philadelphia Cream Cheese.

2. Whole wheat bagel with scrambled egg and cheddar cheese.

3. Onion Bagel with oven toasted turkey breast with pepper jack cheese.

4. Whole wheat bagel with peanut butter and banana.

Bagels are on the to-do list with my sourdough starter. As are soft pretzels.