Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
leggo PE

The Baking Thread

So you're saying that the EB collective aren't your friends?  That's fine.  We see how it is.

• Thanks 1
  • fudgey 1

10 minutes ago, Supe said:

So you're saying that the EB collective aren't your friends?  That's fine.  We see how it is.

You're, like, idk, the creepy neighbor who everyone knows about and I say hello to when I get my mail, but I wouldn't let into my house to watch my cats while I'm away on vacation.  So, yes.  

46 minutes ago, JayKay0914 said:

You're, like, idk, the creepy neighbor who everyone knows about and I say hello to when I get my mail, but I wouldn't let into my house to watch my cats while I'm away on vacation.  So, yes.  

:banhim: (we don't have a ban her emoticon?)

Joke's on her.  We're going to start stealing her mail, and breaking in to shit in her cat's litter box.

If I am banned, you'll be sad, because there will be a severe lack of cookie photos.  But I understand.  I'll go hide out in the girls section and cry.

@Supe...It is terrifyingly hilarious that I ordered 2 boxes of cat litter today for delivery?  Just saying, 

49 minutes ago, JayKay0914 said:

If I am banned, you'll be sad, because there will be a severe lack of cookie photos. 

You're just a tease!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayKay0914 said:

If I am banned, you'll be sad, because there will be a severe lack of cookie photos.  But I understand.  I'll go hide out in the girls section and cry.

@Supe...It is terrifyingly hilarious that I ordered 2 boxes of cat litter today for delivery?  Just saying, 

Good thing.  I had BBQ and beans for lunch.

• fudgey 1

I'm no longer doing anything for this weekend, which means I can bake something for St. Patrick's.  I did a Bailey's cheesecake with chocolate ganache a few years ago, and then a Bailey's poke cake with homemade butter cream last year...Maybe apple cake with a custard component?  If I had Guinness I could attempt that weird cake with a cream cheese frosting.  

Ugh.  I'll most likely get too deep into recipe mods and end up eating cheese balls instead of baking.

I'm here to stand by JayKay!

She's awesome. And not just because she's the only other consistent baker to contribute to this thread!

• Like 1

We
Made some
Cookies during be snow storm yesterday - well we made some
Cookie dough and then maybe one batch of cookies cause yeah... 6 teenagers were in the house...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Road Guy said:

We
Made some
Cookies during be snow storm yesterday - well we made some
Cookie dough and then maybe one batch of cookies cause yeah... 6 teenagers were in the house...

Is this some kind of weird poem? I keep trying to read it like a haiku or something.

• Thanks 1

Sorry I thought this was the “baked” thread..

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JayKay0914 said:

I'm no longer doing anything for this weekend, which means I can bake something for St. Patrick's.  I did a Bailey's cheesecake with chocolate ganache a few years ago, and then a Bailey's poke cake with homemade butter cream last year...Maybe apple cake with a custard component?  If I had Guinness I could attempt that weird cake with a cream cheese frosting.  

Ugh.  I'll most likely get too deep into recipe mods and end up eating cheese balls instead of baking.

Do you have a link to the poke cake you did? There's a lot of them out there. 

4 minutes ago, csb said:

This could get really interesting... Does poke pie count?

american-pie.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

• fudgey 1

28 minutes ago, csb said:

This work?  No link, but scratchy-scratchy JK writing?  If you want, I can try and look for the chocolate cake recipe I usually use, but it might be deeper in the book.

RcBzcavJCBLdVYTBIyJfaw-TmLTpA1yxzvIHF0WV

25 minutes ago, Ble_PE said:

This could get really interesting... Does poke pie count?

*pic snip*

Too late.  Pie day was yesterday!

I get a denied on that picture. Can you Snapchat it to Vee to put in her Instagram stories so I can screenshot it? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, csb said:

I get a denied on that picture. Can you Snapchat it to Vee to put in her Instagram stories so I can screenshot it? 

THIS IS QUITE A ROUNDABOUT WAY.  IF YOU WERE PART OF THE EB GIRLS SNAPCHAT YOU GET ALL THE NONSENSE.  Lololol, I'll send it to @vee043324 and @tj_PE, so they can post it to instagram and MY RECIPE WILL BE STOLEN BY THE WORLD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, csb said:

Perfect. 

FYI- Honey Drizzle is a friend's drag name. 

Huzzah!  Ugly JK handwriting!!!  

And Honey Drizzle is the best drag name.  I feel like most baking things could be great drag names.  Like Moist Crumble or Soggy Bottom or Rapidly Whip.

• Haha 1

I'm so used to reading "poke" like "poe-kay" because of how frequently we have sushi, that this thread really grossed me out for a minute.  Like, even for a fat kid, buttercream frosting on fish does not sound like a winner.

4 hours ago, Supe said:

I'm so used to reading "poke" like "poe-kay" because of how frequently we have sushi, that this thread really grossed me out for a minute.  Like, even for a fat kid, buttercream frosting on fish does not sound like a winner.

I found my next weight loss shake recipe!