Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
leggo PE

The Baking Thread

Whichever host you go with for your blog, better make sure they don't filter for lewd content if you're going to be posting vagina bread everywhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This one goes out to @JayKay0914, to get you in the holiday baking spirit!

Simply...

11 minutes ago, FLBuff PE said:

Simply...

Having...

• Thanks 1

@Master slacker *begins frothing at the mouth and writhing on the floor in pain*

Gasp~ No-I--Sir Paul---Please stop!!!  ToO MJHUCH CHRISTMAS SPIRTIT~~~~

• Haha 1

The pfeffernuesse tied for best tasting and won for prettiest at the cookie exchange last night! I was not expecting that at all.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 2:09 PM, Supe said:

Whichever host you go with for your blog, better make sure they don't filter for lewd content if you're going to be posting vagina bread everywhere.

I came out to have a good time, and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.

• Haha 1

OK, I'm counting this, because it was baked!

After our Tuesday wing night venue went downhill due to an ownership and staff change, I haven't had buffalo wings in months.  I was due for a cheat meal, but hate dealing with the extra time, cleanup, and calories of deep frying wings, so I decided to see if I could make a decent baked wing.

Trimmed them up, patted them dry, and gave them a light dusting of baking powder, which is one of my spatchcocked chicken secrets for crispy skin.  Then into the oven for about 35-40 minutes on 425°F, but with the secret weapon - the convection setting.  

Mother of god, were those things good.  That convection setting crisped the hell out of the skin, and with the high temperature and fast bake, they didn't dry out at all.  I'm never deep frying my own wings again - these were every bit as good with the only cleanup being a wire rack and throwing away some aluminum foil.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2019 at 6:30 AM, Supe said:

After our Tuesday wing night venue went downhill due to an ownership and staff change, I haven't had buffalo wings in months.  I was due for a cheat meal, but hate dealing with the extra time, cleanup, and calories of deep frying wings, so I decided to see if I could make a decent baked wing.

You should also seriously consider trying wings in an air fryer. Which I suppose is essentially what you did with the oven convection setting. However, the air fryer gets them done quicker and crispier IMO as compared with baking in our oven (also has convection setting). Air fryer is great for other things that would be normally deep fried. And good for leftovers too in restoring them a bit better than what a microwave can do. :thumbs:

But then I would have to buy and store another useless waste of space kitchen gadget, when I should be throwing ours out as it is!

P.S - I'd rather have an instapot, which I also don't have.

• fudgey 1

We grill all our wings outside - they are way better than oven cooking them IMO.

Soak them in a soy sauce for several hours and then almost burn them. I lightly burn the skin on the wings and then toss them in a good wig sixes afterwards and viola!

We never have any left over when we make them...

• Like 1

I'm not as big a fan of grilled wings, though I do like them grilled when they've been marinating in Kikkoman teriyaki sauce.

I really think the key difference Is getting them to the point where they are almost burnt but not burnt if that makes any sense.

When you come out to help me install my lift kit I’ll make us some

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Plenty of recipes out there for doing wings in the smoker, but I'm with Supe on this one.  I like my wings crispy and I'm not sure that would happen in a smoker unless you left them in there long enough to turn them in to chicken jerky.

I don't usually make wings at home, because I am lazy and single, but when my mom makes them she twice bakes them?  So they get ultra crunchy.  I do not know if this is a real method or not.

Also...I want to bake/have a huge list I want to try, but our office is still under a deluge of vendor gifts/Christmas/Holiday food in the kitchen...And I don't feel like fighting that.  Right now I'm debating between poppy seed something (I have around 4lbs of the stuff I never used) or a Charlotte royale...which has always been a weird item of interest to me.

I made some ridiculously good buttermilk blueberry muffins yesterday.