Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​

1 hour ago, Road Guy said:

at least they proved gravity is a real thing.. (I think I made an estes rocket that went higher than this?) lift off is at around the 25 min mark..

https://noizetv.vhx.tv/mad-mike-hughes-the-launch-or-non-launch/season:3/videos/to-the-world-the-end-the-begining

More like 26:30.  I read the article about this, but thanks for posting the link to the video.  Those were certainly some interesting "journalists" covering the launch.

TH did I just watch?

So do they believe if you go to the edge you can actually fall off?  Would one just fall into outer space?

I'm still having a hard time grasping that people actually believe this and it isn't an elaborate hoax perpetrated by trolls. 

15 hours ago, Bot-Man said:

So do they believe if you go to the edge you can actually fall off?  Would one just fall into outer space?

I'm still having a hard time grasping that people actually believe this and it isn't an elaborate hoax perpetrated by trolls. 

No, there is a giant ice wall at the edge that prevents you from falling over the edge.  I am not not sure where the section of the wall missing from a dragon blowing it up is though.

12 minutes ago, ruggercsc said:

No, there is a giant ice wall at the edge that prevents you from falling over the edge.  I am not not sure where the section of the wall missing from a dragon blowing it up is though.

We won't have an answer to that until next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruggercsc said:

:appl:

so a GOT question - when the dragon smashed the wall does that make "end of watch" for all the men of the black? not sure if there is a dragon clause in there or not?

58 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

so a GOT question - when the dragon smashed the wall does that make "end of watch" for all the men of the black? not sure if there is a dragon clause in there or not?

A valid question indeed! Or do they really have their work cut out for them with now having to rebuild the wall?  :dunno:

Well, I give them one thing, the flat earthers are devoted to their cause.  These folks... I can't even with them.  Here's a recent  post I read:

31045535_442957252851616_535847315857843

"Billy Spears: Stop with the name calling people... the people who believe the earth is flat are not dumb and neither are those that believe it's a sphere. If you think it's a sphere then prove it... and not using things you have been told, do the research. The flat earthers bring up some very valid points that must be taken seriously. For example, if there are thousands of satellites orbiting the earth why do we never see them in the supposed pictures from space?... If gravity is holding us to the ground then why do people closer to the poles not weigh more than those at the equator? Angular momentum would be significantly less the closer you get to the poles but 'gravity' would always remain the same.... Why don't any flights fly directly over Antarctica?... Why do flights disappear from the tracking system in the Southern Hemisphere?... Why are NASA's pictures of the earth photoshopped?... Why do the clouds never move when there are videos of the earth spinning?... Why does the Horizon always rise to eye level?... How can you see Chicago's skyline from across Lake Michigan?... Why is the Horizon always flat?.... and these are just a few of the many valid questions that need answers."

Edited by Audi driver, P.E.

Why are NASA's pictures of the earth photoshopped?

:blink:

• Like 1

Take that Flat Earthers!

http://tribunistdaily.com/texan-breaks-marksmanship-world-record-with-3-mile-shot/

" A lot goes into shots like this. Poor has to account for many variables that can alter the bullet’s path INCLUDING the shape of the Earth! Which curves 6 feet over 3 miles. "

where-is-the-research-flat-death-star-me

• fudgey 1

On 5/4/2018 at 7:55 PM, Dleg said:

where-is-the-research-flat-death-star-me

I guess all the other viewing angles were just hoaxes.

latest?cb=20130221005853

Holy shitballs...I can't decide if they're completely nuts or if the whole thing is a joke.  Someone on my FB feed posted a comment about a picture from their FB page and I made the happy mistake of looking at their page.  I did not realize that, in addition to the earth being flat, Australia doesn't actually exist.

Flat Earth Believers 

And in case you were wondering why a picture was enough to get me to look at their FB page....

36885798_453552478445702_916785320223257

• Confused 3

Those are some handsome women

And is that a cone head or is my phone messed up?

13 hours ago, Road Guy said:

Those are some handsome women

And is that a cone head or is my phone messed up?

She is from France. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

LOL.  Googled "flat earth coneheads", and got a twitter post with that photo describing flat earthers: Turns out it's people with slip n slides for foreheads and the cast of The Hills have Eyes.

Should not have clicked on this thread before going into a design meeting.  I may have lost double digits IQ points from the content in here.  Also, I am now scarred from cone head...

• Haha 1

That's got to be a parody account.

they also don’t look like big tippers

• Like 1

Yeah, but you won't complain because the conehead can control your thoughts.

And she probably just had a plate full of batteries anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Can't even rest your beer on her head.