Ca seismic and survey notification

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakheat

Reaction score
Does anyone recive email from the board as his applocation approved

I have not received any notification of approval yet. I received an email from the board on July 24 stating that my application was submitted to technical review, and I haven't heard anything since. A lot of my coworkers got their authorization to test yesterday. The deadline to schedule our CA tests is September 18. Needless to say, I am worried.

I received an Authorization to Test email yesterday for the Seismic (1:58 pm) and Surveying (1:10 pm) exams. I'm scheduled to take the tests October 20th and October 27th now!

I have not received any notification of approval yet. I received an email from the board on July 24 stating that my application was submitted to technical review, and I haven't heard anything since. A lot of my coworkers got their authorization to test yesterday. The deadline to schedule our CA tests is September 18. Needless to say, I am worried.
Same boat here! I sent my application on 30 june as exeptional time for applicant who passed the april 2017 pe exams.I am realy worry if they don't approved my application after paying thousans of dollars and do much effort on styding

I received an Authorization to Test email yesterday for the Seismic (1:58 pm) and Surveying (1:10 pm) exams. I'm scheduled to take the tests October 20th and October 27th now!
When do you submit your pe application

Same boat here! I sent my application on 30 june as exeptional time for applicant who passed the april 2017 pe exams.I am realy worry if they don't approved my application after paying thousans of dollars and do much effort on styding
By the way I have recieved email on july 27th status that my application in tech ical review

When did you submit your application

The board received my application on July 5 (I know because I paid for tracking on my envelope). However, the board cashed my check on July 12, I did not get the email stating that it was received until July 20. I hope they get back to me soon because I've been studying hard for the past couple of months! 

I also submitted due to the one-time exception email that they sent out for those who passed the April 2017 8 hour exam. 

The board received my application on July 5 (I know because I paid for tracking on my envelope). However, the board cashed my check on July 12, I did not get the email stating that it was received until July 20. I hope they get back to me soon because I've been studying hard for the past couple of months! 
Do you think they may not sent all notices in one time? Have you called the board?

I also submitted due to the one-time exception email that they sent out for those who passed the April 2017 8 hour exam. 
Do you think that our authorization delays due to that reason while others who submitted in may get their auth. faster

I believe that they sent authorizations to all approved applicants. So, I think that this means our applications have probably neither been reviewed nor approved at this time. 

I submitted my first application on October 2016 for April 2017 Exam.  I received a letter, dated on March 8, 2017, regarding additional information ( work experience).   I submitted my missing documents on June 5, 2017 . I got  approval (email ) for state specific exam(s) on June 30, 2017 and received ATT on August 31.

I passed National Exam on April, 2017 and going to take state exams on Oct and Nov, 2017.

Passed National exam April session. I got email for one-time exception to sit CA exams during Fall 2017 session. Submitted application 6/27, email that the application has been received 7/19, email that says that my application is in technical review received 7/27. So far i didn't get any email from the board regarding the authorization to sit CA State exams.

I called the board and they told me to leave a message to the Approver. I sent an email too, just in case.

Let me say that all this is frustrating when you are working+studying (as all of us here) and i feel not being treated as our colleagues that have received email last week. The Board should put more effort in give answer to the applicants in the same timeframe (especially when the exams get close).

Passed National exam April session. I got email for one-time exception to sit CA exams during Fall 2017 session. Submitted application 6/27, email that the application has been received 7/19, email that says that my application is in technical review received 7/27. So far i didn't get any email from the board regarding the authorization to sit CA State exams.

I called the board and they told me to leave a message to the Approver. I sent an email too, just in case.

Let me say that all this is frustrating when you are working+studying (as all of us here) and i feel not being treated as our colleagues that have received email last week. The Board should put more effort in give answer to the applicants in the same timeframe (especially when the exams get close).
I'm sure the Board would be happy to delay notification to those applicants who submitted their applications for licensure by May 1 so the remainder can be included.  Wouldn't that just make EVERYONE happy!

Everyone who submitted their applications by the later July date is being treated the same.  Please simply refer to the response given in your private message.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure the Board would be happy to delay notification to those applicants who submitted their applications for licensure by May 1 so the remainder can be included.  Wouldn't that just make EVERYONE happy!

Everyone who submitted their applications by the later July date is being treated the same.  Please simply refer to the response given in your private message.
Sorry...that's what I get for trying to respond to multiple messages at one time

I appreciate your answer.  I am sure the board is doing his best to allow who submitted the application last July to get an answer. I hope to hear from them soon.

Back