California GE Exam - Geotech - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
SoCalHurler

California GE Exam

Hi,

I'm looking for advice for taking the California GE exam. There don't seem to be any test prep books out there, so I'm hoping to hear from people who have taken it recently that can weigh in on the general question formats, and what they've found comes closest to practice problems (for example, are the questions much like the geotech questions from the PE exam)?

Also, any good resource/reference books you would recommend, especially for obscure topics/questions?

Any advice is appreciated.

25 minutes ago, Mohican said:

Did you get any help regarding your GE prep?

Soil Mechanics and Foundation Design: 201 Solved Problems

Book by Liiban A. Affi

I am taking the exam in a few weeks.  I was told from recent GE test takers to study the NAVFAC cover to cover.  As a supplement to that I also purchased the Soil Mechanics and Foundation Design: 201 Solved Problems as Hnoj mentioned.  I am also using my Lindburg PE reference manual, college textbooks, and various publications for my study.  I am wondering if Hnoj took the exam and if he found Soil Mechanics and Foundation Design: 201 Solved Problems useful?

I took Geo depth,  the book dose not cover the conceptual questions. However, it did good job on covering qualitative problems, be careful they are some mistakes like most books. Good luck Mikeleece.