• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Online PDH Courses

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktulu

Reaction score
What are some of your go-to sites for PDH's? I try to get most of mine through conferences, but still seem to have to take a few courses to meet the hour requirements.

My office doesn't believe in continuing education or professional development. 

There are many providers but courses are very similar, prices vary. I used ez-pdh.com in the past but here are some others:

www.cedengineering.com

www.pdhstar.com

www.pdhsource.com

I prefer providers that let me review the course material before purchasing

Last edited by a moderator:
I have accounts with both EZ-PDH.com and PDHdirect .com

EZ-PDH requires you to identify the specific courses you plan to take at time of purchase. This is a PITA with my employer's purchasing system, and does not allow a licensee to drop a class without potential penalty after realizing partially through a class that it is not what they expected or wanted.  If you need 30 Hours and bought 30 hours, then dropping a class may mean an additional charge elsewhere if you can't find a free course.  I took two free courses from them.  Buying a 30 PDH State & Discipline Specific Course Pack costs $90.  A D-I-Y course selection for 30 PDH would cost ~$105, or $3.50 per PDH.  Prices are per their web site as of today.

PDHdirect will sell you a 12-month subscription to their entire catalog of courses.  Take what you want, when you want, drop without penalty, and if you time the purchase of their Catalog correctly you can earn enough hours within the 12-month window to satisfy two renewal periods!  For example, Michigan relicenses in October so a licensee whose license expires in Oct 2019 can buy the catalog in April of 2019, earn 30 credits between April and October for their 2019 renewal, then earn an additional 30 credits between Nov 2019 to March 2020 with this same 12-month subscription.  These later 30 hours will apply to their 2021 Renewal.  Product Code #PDH2006-C is the entire catalog.  Applying Discount Code #JC1821 reduces this cost further to only $99 for the 12-month period.  I got a post card from them advertising this pricing option.  I have earned 6 hours this week toward my October renewal by taking two of their courses, and so far so good.  I need 9 more hours before October.

My employer paid the $99, and the purchase was easy since it was under the $100 limit to initiate their Draconian authorization policies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back