how long to approve PE application in Texas?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeNAME

Reaction score
I took and passed the Texas PE exam in April 2017. I submitted my application in late June (6/28), and submitted other supporting materials (including reference letters) in early July. All required materials (ethic exam, background check, transcripts, references,  SER, etc) are shown as "received" as of 7/14, but the application webpage has stayed at "admin review" ever since. It's stuck at admin review for more than 20 days. Does it usually take so long for admin review?

Just curious if anyone on this board has recently submitted the application in Texas? How long does it take for admin review, technical review and to get approval?

Thank you

I just went through this exact thing. It took around 2 months. Admin review was the longest. Once it went to technical review it seemed like about a week later I was approved. 

From the date of all documents received in, it was one month. Total ~1.5 months. 

Any updates out there? I submitted my application on August 27. Now, over 5 weeks later, I cannot even get my administrative reviewer to respond to an email. Everything is "in", although my ethics exam doesn't show up.

Any update on your end, mikeNAME?

I'm working on reciprocity in TX and owe them another reference, but wanted to respond about emailing them.  The person assigned to me never returned one single email, so I called and got right through.

TX is processing a ton of emergency reciprocity licenses right now...I'd expect a longer turn around than normal this cycle.

Is anyone else applying right now? I'm wondering what impact COVID has. Mine has been in admin for 3 weeks and nothing else has been shown as received.

i think i submitted mine late december and didnt get approved until late february. don't they say 6-8 week is the normal?

Three months already and I am still waiting. Stuck in technical review for two weeks!! No reply in email and phone calls from TBPE..

Back