Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
Road Guy

Dumb LinkedIN Recruiter Email of the day thread...

Ah, but the few existing books are so enticing!

I asked her if I just buy the books and then just open up a shop?

Like is this a self help course? Or are Books actual insurance businesses for sale??

She has not responded yet - I wish I had time to respond to all of these and just drag them all out for a very long time.. sucks they always want to talk on the phone!

So when should we start referring to you as Ned Ryerson?

• Like 2

It seems that nearly every recruiter in the history of ever is unacquainted with the function that adjectives play in the English language. No, I don't want to consider being an INSURANCE Agent, just because I am a PATENT Agent and for the same reason I am not interested in driving TRAINS as a licensed MECHANICAL Engineer. Although the prospect of driving a train, even as a mechanical engineer seems infinitely more enjoyable.

Edited by Audi driver, P.E.

I have started telling them I only accept connections from "executive recruiters"

• Like 1

Got a message today from a recruiter thanking me for submitting my resume and for my interest in their company. The problem is that I haven't sent out a resume in well over a year and I have no clue how she received it.

32 minutes ago, Ble_PE said:

Got a message today from a recruiter thanking me for submitting my resume and for my interest in their company. The problem is that I haven't sent out a resume in well over a year and I have no clue how she received it.

Damn, you're good. 

5 minutes ago, csb said:

Damn, you're good. 

You're not the first lady to tell me that. ;) 

• Haha 2