Retaining Wall Book suggestions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerStroke79_PE

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for a book on retaining walls? I would like to find a complete and in depth resource for this subject. I have the Geotechnical Engineering by DAS, but would like to find something more in depth in retaining wall design. 

Thanx in advance, 

Hi,

Would suggest Principles of Foundation Engineering by Das. I think I have the fourth edition, I got it  used for $28, I think you can get a used one on line for $40-60. New is pretty expensive, but it was the reason I passed the Geotech.

Also a book I like is the Foundation Engineering by McCarthy, you can probably new edition of one of older editions online for less than $20, great bargain. It is a good reference book to have, helpful the Geotech exam, different then the CERM or Das book. Might not be the best book for retaining walls, but  a good reference.

Hi,

Would suggest Principles of Foundation Engineering by Das. I think I have the fourth edition, I got it  used for $28, I think you can get a used one on line for $40-60. New is pretty expensive, but it was the reason I passed the Geotech.

Also a book I like is the Foundation Engineering by McCarthy, you can probably new edition of one of older editions online for less than $20, great bargain. It is a good reference book to have, helpful the Geotech exam, different then the CERM or Das book. Might not be the best book for retaining walls, but  a good reference.
Thanks for the Reply! 

Back