Does anyone try the 80-problem practice exam by Justin Kauwale? - Mechanical - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
ericjiangpsu

Does anyone try the 80-problem practice exam by Justin Kauwale?

Have not seen that before.  Looks legit though.  More practice problems can't hurt.

Hi ericjiangpsu

Yes, the exam and guide have been updated for the new 2017 mechanical pe exam format. There are a few people on engineer boards that took my sample exam. Hopefully they respond too. 

• Like 1

I did buy the practice test..its in line with the exam syllabus..and matches the standard of the actual exam (as per NCEES practice exam)..in my opinion, it would be better if more questions that required ASHRAE look up were added..but overall its a good buy if you want more problems to solve (which was my case).

Thank you justdoitNG,

I very much appreciate the suggestion to include more ASHRAE type problems and I think that is valuable information for others taking the Thermal and Fluid exam.  I will definitely include more of these types of problems in the next version of the sample exam.

ASHRAE Fundamentals and ASHRAE Systems and Equipment are key resources for the T&F PE Exam.  

1 hour ago, justdoitNG said:

I did buy the practice test..its in line with the exam syllabus..and matches the standard of the actual exam (as per NCEES practice exam)..in my opinion, it would be better if more questions that required ASHRAE look up were added..but overall its a good buy if you want more problems to solve (which was my case).

if the exam is anything like the study guide, it'd be riddled with errors.

They are mostly grammatical errors but unfortunately they change what the statements say, leaving you having to figure out what is meant for them to make sense. (I don't think English is the author's first language)

There are even logical errors, such as there being a statement saying that a motor generates energy (it does not, a generator does that)

It gets worse in the second half of the book. Sometimes you see issues like 3 pages in a row. Sometimes there is a question in the wrong section (book has 10 sections with different topics)

On July 21, 2017 at 8:46 PM, ericjiangpsu said:

Guys, 

Any one know anything about this $35 pdf version practice problems?

If anyone bought it, are those problems matched with the new specs of the TFS PE exam? (Oct 2017)

http://engproguides.com/thermalexam.html

Thank you guys

Yes it is matching the new specifications , and I recommend to have as reference during the PE exam

I found the practice exam very helpful as an additional practice test resource.

yes there were some errors but justin is quick to respond to inquiries to confirm and fix any mistakes.

for 35 bux, imo, worth it

On 9/16/2017 at 0:41 AM, landolakes said:

I found the practice exam very helpful as an additional practice test resource.

yes there were some errors but justin is quick to respond to inquiries to confirm and fix any mistakes.

for 35 bux, imo, worth it

agreed